News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

dinner suggestions

Started by Triple Zero, February 26, 2008, 01:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

my mum's coming over for dinner tonight and i wanna cook something good for her. thing is, she got some sort of weird diet thing going on, meaning it has to be very low in carbohydrates. meaning potatoes, pasta, rice etc

i think last time i made tuna steak and grilled some cherry tomatoes, served with a pasta with white sauce and .. anchovy i think. but they could take less of the pasta if they wanted of course.

so, low carbohydrates, that basically leaves just vegetables and meat, right? ..  :roll:

sounds a bit boring .. starch-based ingedrients is usually the kind of thing i use to sort of glue the meal to a whole, if you get my point.

maybe i could go crazy with the meat, but i don't have that much time since i also gotta clean my house a bit  :oops:

maybe some sort of beet, she likes those

or a salad. i still always wanted to make a salad based on suu's recipe, but then instead of a sauce, a salad with large shrimps and crunchy bits of fennel bulb. i just have no clue what to add to that apart from those two ingredients (and, spring onions or something).

anybody got any ideas?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

Some kind of salad with chicken / tuna and veggies maybe? 
Mix the meat with a bit of mayonaise and finely chopped veggies (like you were preparing it for a sandwich), place on a bed of romaine lettuce and add large cut veggies (tomato, cucumber, olive), cheese, hard boiled egg, etc.  (Pepper, cajun, or lemon pepper seasonings work a condiments.)

My dad introduced me to this, so I always think it's kind of a cop - out bachelor's meal.  Still, it covers your requirements, and can be done well in the presentation thou.

(Also all I can come up with on short notice  :| )

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Roast a couple of whole chicken legs on a bed of cauliflower, liberally sprinked with curry powder and salt.

Jenne

SOUP or a pot roast with bread on the side and veggies roasted with the meat.

Triple Zero

i sort of went with Richters idea.

i cut up chicken into little strips, mixed it with garlic, red onion, finely chopped chillipepper, shoarma/kebab spicemix (cajun was ridiculously expensive for something that is apparently 70% salt) and some other spices, fried that for a while, added a splash of red wine i was drinking at that moment.
i mixed this with some creme fraiche and some mayo, served this on top of some baby leaf mixed salad, topped with cubed cucumber, cherry tomatoes and rings of spring onion.

it was delicious :)

thanks for the advice/ideas/inspiration! :-D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.