News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

World's most dangerous pancake.

Started by Richter, February 28, 2008, 09:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

This is a simple but delicous (and horrible) recipe for what I consider that world's finest pancake.  This is not your modern jack of flapping, or you wheat and bran infused crepe immitation.  This is the cake that helped lumberjacks cut a path across North America.

They should only be eaten before a long day of hard labor or hiking with little chance to stop for lunch.  Ideally, this should be done in the winter, while camping.  If you do not begin burning calories immediately, these skillet - filling doom cakes will put you into a food coma.

To begin:  Cook 1/2 - 1 lb. of thick - cut bacon in a high - walled cast iron skillet.  Eat the bacon and rejoice.  Leave the clear fat.

Forthwith:  Put straight into the fat some pancake mix (the shake - up Bisquick kind works well).  Let it cook, and marvel as it absorbs the grease.  Flip as needed.

Repeat this until the grease is all used (3-5 pancakes depending on size.)

Eat them.  Only a little butter or syrup is needed. 

Clean up and MOVE.  Your life may depend on it.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

i agree with this.

i usually just fry a couple of those circular thin bacon things, and pour the pancake mix over that. then some slices of good yellow cheese on top of that.
(also since those bacon rings don't produce enough fat i use a mixture of butter and sunflower oil to bake everything in)

dark brown sugar syrup is essential, though.

i can usually eat two or three of these before i'm completely stuffed.

(edited for fixed bbcode)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: triple zero on February 29, 2008, 01:04:11 AM
i agree with this.

i usually just fry a couple of those circular thin bacon things, and pour the pancake mix over that. then some slices of good yellow cheese on top of that.
(also since those bacon rings don't produce enough fat i use a mixture of butter and sunflower oil to bake everything in)

dark brown sugar syrup is essential/i], though.

i can usually eat two or three of these before i'm completely stuffed.

pancetta?

Triple Zero

nah just regular bacon, it's just the way the cheap bacon is sold here.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Richter

Quote from: triple zero on February 29, 2008, 01:04:11 AM
i agree with this.

I like the substitution of the sunflower oil for all the extra bacon fat, I'll have to try this.  Not that it lower the calorie count much  :D, but it less saturated fat. 

What kind of flavor does the yellow cheese add? 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

i use oil and butter, btw. this is because oil is better at getting the right temperature, and butter tastes better.

the cheese adds, cheese flavour? it's just regular dutch gouda cheese (at least i think so, it's generic supermarket brand, but the quality is good), probably aged about 6 months, called "young aged", meaning it's slightly more salty and flavourful than young cheese, yet not hard and brittle that you can't use a cheese slicer on it anymore (even though it would probably taste great on the pancakes hehe)

if possible, when turning the pancake, try to get the cheese to fry and brown a bit, instead of melting. i think it's a question of getting high enough temperature for that to happen.

Thurnez Isa

put the bacon on top of the pancakes and give them both a pound of butter and maple syrup
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jenne

I'll have to pass this recipe on to the husbandly unit--he's always making some sort of breakfast every weekend. 

Also, we saw chocolate bars with bacon in them in SF recently--interesting, er, choice of condiment for chocolate to be sure.  Makes gouda and bacon pancakes sound normal.

East Coast Hustle

bacon and chocolate is good.

bacon and vanilla ice cream is even better.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

id like to put two sticks of crispy fried bacon in a bloody mary just to see what happens.
perhaps i'll try this for breakfast this weekend.

Suu

Thus proving bacon really is the food of the gods.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Wouldn't it just get soggy and shit?  Hmm...