News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

TRANSMISSIONS FROM ARIZONA

Started by LMNO, February 29, 2008, 07:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

What do you mean by the fight being 'over?'

I don't see how the situation has any conclusive resolution. TGRR haet ECH and vice versa, and ECH isn't leaving.  So who's fighting?

Faust

roger you were being really really hard on ech, you would keep the drama with him to a minimum if he does too?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Jasper

If you're negotiating for Roger to come back and for all this to be concluded, my position is that we should have them back on as mods, but not admins.  There can't be any incongruity between them in the "chain of command" or this will happen again.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on March 02, 2008, 11:00:35 PM
What do you mean by the fight being 'over?'

I don't see how the situation has any conclusive resolution. TGRR haet ECH and vice versa, and ECH isn't leaving. 

But I am.  I am posting in this thread only, and once I am convinced that I won't be followed all over the internet, etc, I am gone. 

Why?  I think everyone knows why. 

Because although I did everything - as an admin - right, resisted the temptation to edit or delete people like AKK, etc, I was wrongfully and "secretly" (though not so secretly, it turned out) stripped of my admin abilities.  (The admin abilities don't mean so much as the PRINCIPLE of the thing...shit, it's not like being able to enter News was the high point of my fucking day, or anything).

I have since been told that - while this is a shame and all - I will not be reinstated...the sole concern seems to be making sure that it never happens to any of YOU.

And I see no reason to put up with THAT, either.  I will not be shat upon by commission OR omission.  Nor will I put up with the notion that a mugging victim is somehow as guilty as the mugger, because "he was involved", as if that somehow makes him as guilty as the mugger.

Now, if you'll take my advice, for what it is worth, you'll put Cain in charge and move on.

But you'll do it without me.

Or kil...aw, fuckkit.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

I vote for an admin "tag-team" of Cain and Faust, for each have their merit and expertise that are key to the stewardship of the site.  TTM and I can remain the mods, because tbh there isn't a lot of modding to do here.

How does that sound?

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 02, 2008, 11:09:20 PM
I have since been told that - while this is a shame and all - I will not be reinstated, etc...the sole concern seems to be making sure that it never happens to any of YOU.
I never said that, i just don't want to change anything without hearing from everyone, that way i avoid responsibility.
i think the decision should be made slowly and methodically.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 02, 2008, 11:18:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 02, 2008, 11:09:20 PM
I have since been told that - while this is a shame and all - I will not be reinstated, etc...the sole concern seems to be making sure that it never happens to any of YOU.
I never said that, i just don't want to change anything without hearing from everyone, that way i avoid responsibility.
i think the decision should be made slowly and methodically.

"I think that mugging victims should be given back their stuff.  Well, some of it.  Eventually.  Maybe."

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jasper

Roger, you're interested in admin status?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on March 02, 2008, 11:15:39 PM
I vote for an admin "tag-team" of Cain and Faust, for each have their merit and expertise that are key to the stewardship of the site.  TTM and I can remain the mods, because tbh there isn't a lot of modding to do here.

How does that sound?

Do whatever you please.  It makes exactly zero difference to me.  I did nothing wrong, and I am being treated like I ran around deleting accounts, etc.

I am being treated as if what happened to me was REASONABLE, was something that should be made PERMANENT, because what happened, happened, and it was somehow my fucking fault, or something that needed doing ANYWAY, despite the fact that I DID NOTHING WRONG.

Well, shit.  There I go, getting all pissed off again.  There's an easy cure for that.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on March 02, 2008, 11:22:00 PM
Roger, you're interested in admin status?

I am interested in having what was done to me made right.

But apparently, that should maybe happen, eventually, if "everyone agrees".

Justice, John Ashcroft style.

Faust

i dont see you as a mugging victim, i see you as someone who had his pride bashed unfairly who can stand up for himself.
The problem was Ech made the decision without talking to people, based on his relationship with you. He made a personal move without consulting you or anyone else, and then made a dumb move trying to hide behind the secret admin thing. Those were personal actions, not admin actions. I wont make changes without consulting others.

edit; and by the time i am done typing it had been said already.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 02, 2008, 11:26:29 PM
i dont see you as a mugging victim, i see you as someone who had his pride bashed unfairly who can stand up for himself.

Easy for you to say.  How am I supposed to "stand up for myself" or to make it right?  Hack the fucking board?  No thanks.

Quote from: Faust on March 02, 2008, 11:26:29 PM
The problem was Ech made the decision without talking to people, based on his relationship with you. He made a personal move without consulting you or anyone else, and then made a dumb move trying to hide behind the secret admin thing. Those were personal actions, not admin actions. I wont make changes without consulting others.

Reversing a wrong is not "making changes".

Go consult others, and be damned.

Jasper

I wish the others on the team would comment, it's hard to move forward without others' input.

But, how's this sound?  ECH has stepped down, so I guess he's not an admin anymore.  TGRR, Cain, and Faust are admins and TTM and I compose the mods.

Just advancing my observations and ideas.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on March 02, 2008, 11:28:47 PM
I wish the others on the team would comment, it's hard to move forward without others' input.

Tell you what.  You let me know when you guys decide if redressing a problem is as important as addressing it.

You know where to find me.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 02, 2008, 11:28:17 PM

Reversing a wrong is not "making changes".

I wouldn't be reversing a wrong I would be doing exactly the same thing he did.