News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

TRANSMISSIONS FROM ARIZONA

Started by LMNO, February 29, 2008, 07:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 02, 2008, 11:31:41 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 02, 2008, 11:28:17 PM

Reversing a wrong is not "making changes".

I wouldn't be reversing a wrong I would be doing exactly the same thing he did.

Reinstating something wrongfully taken is the same as wrongfully taking it in the first place?

Well, shit.  I did not know that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

You know what this reminds me of?

Keepaway.  Remember Keepaway?  That nasty little game, usually played on some poor fat  kid with glasses?

The person starting the game grabs the poor bastard's hat, books, etc, and tosses it to someone else.  The kid is made to run from person to person, for everyone's enjoyment.  Then they pretend that they're going to be reasonable, and give it back.

Then they toss it some more.  It's a nasty, humiliating game.  The funniest thing I ever saw was the victim simply kicking the perpetrator in the balls, and then continuing to kick the little fucker until he wound up having surgery on his testicles.

While I propose no such violence, I will say that I will not hang around and endure the humiliation of having a situation in which I was wronged bandied around as if *I* was on trial.   Nor will I ASK for my due, because I should not have to, should I?

Nor do I give a fuck for any excuses, petty rationalizations, or anything else.  In fact, I don't give a fuck at all, anymore.

Felix, mad props.  I'll see you other places, I am sure.

But not here.

TGRR,
Off to write YotR #6.  But not for posting here.  Have a nice life, and I wish you well.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

one man juries are awesome, they make you feel just super.
I wont be rushed and i wont make the decision on my own.
i want to hear from everyone.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Jasper

Ok, I'm throwing my hat in for Roger as admin.

Faust

be specific, full pharoh from on high as mgt? or sub admin like before?

Cain

Someone email me either when the forum has finished burning down, or else when we've decided what is going on.

I've tried to stay out of this as much as possible.  I don't like getting involved with fights between friends, even where there is a clear case of something I don't like happening, because often both sides feel they deserve unreserved support, and that is something I cannot give.

I also have to take the forum into account, as a whole.  You're talking about making radical changes without having one of the main players in how this forum runs even present.  Some would, and probably will, argue that ECH shouldn't be present or have a say in what is going on here. 

But I'll say this.  Unless this is cleared up in such a way as everyone gets something they can agree on, then we will be back here in 3 months, in 6 months, in a year...all the while sapping away energy from vital and interesting projects.  You may want the quick solution, you may even demand it.  But unless a deal between everyone can be thrashed out and all this stupid, petty dominance games come to an end, then this place may as well shut up shop now.  There's no point in its further existence if this is what it is going to be like, because I sure as hell wont stick around, and anyone interested in accomplishing anything other than "I trolled some other Discordians, lol" wont be either.

Take that as you will.  I'm too busy trying not to fail my course to have the time to go more in depth.

Faust

well said, we take as long as we need, and that includes hearing from ech.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I would be throwing my hat in with Roger... except that this feels more like bribery than righting a wrong. I think I lost a good deal of respect for Roger (grudgingly earned I might add) when he ran off because of a Tiff with ECH over goddess damned admin powerz on a fricking Internet Forum.

I miss Roger's posts and his hateshit and his mocking... I would love to see him return as a poster and admin... but not conditionally as if the Forum had wronged him, rather than a overworked aggravated admin. I stuck up for Roger when this happened and I wish I could now.

Roger, come play... please?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jasper

Somebody with a lot of the chat in IRC please x-post it here?

Faust

ech was wrong to remove roger and not include anyone else. He should have spoken to roger.
Saying he was not the mgt to avoid responsibility on that was also wrong.
Roger has every right to deal with an attack on his pride in whatever way he wants, even if it was a LOT of annoying bitching.
I was wrong to lie to roger to give ech the privacy he wanted. he wanted breathing room he did not earn.
I way wrong to hijack management, but its a bit late for that now.
im putting roger back as he was.
sorry for taking so long about this.
This has nothing to do with who is the new mgt. this is just to do with what happened to roger.

Jasper

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am new, but I definitely think we should sit on this for a while. Everything is out in the open now, and this is a New Situation, one in which everyone has a say. This is not about righting A wrong, it is about righting the MULTIPLE wrongs done when the users didn't have a say in the proceedings. Now we do, and we get to decide, as we should have before, whether or not we want Roger as an admin. In the meantime, I think we are definitely best off not having ANY admins. We don't really need them at the moment, and it avoids anyone making any revenge or power plays.

Frankly, as much as I like Roger (god knows why, but I do) and am even rather fond of ECH, I do not think anyone who is insane or has a giant ego should be admins. That rules out Roger and all chefs everywhere.

Therefore, I say we sit on it for a while, and decide in a week or so.

I certainly do not want to feel rushed or extorted into choosing an admin.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Get on IRC, it's pretty much all happening there.

Faust

Quote from: Nigel on March 03, 2008, 12:57:12 AM

nor I.
and I think we shouldn't worry about it until ech has his say.
Roger has been reinstated because people agree it was the wrong thing to do.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on March 03, 2008, 01:02:58 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 03, 2008, 12:57:12 AM

nor I.
and I think we shouldn't worry about it until ech has his say.
Roger has been reinstated because people agree it was the wrong thing to do.

OK.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."