News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

TRANSMISSIONS FROM ARIZONA

Started by LMNO, February 29, 2008, 07:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Lecherous

People always talk about "Pushing the button"  fine i will put it front of you.  Go for it.
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Nast

I'd say that someone has boarded the Crazy Train and has ended up in the caboose.

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

barumunk

hahahahaha oh my fuck, i've just gone through the whole thread, and shit it get repetitive Fuck!

but what i really dont understand is, Pope L. given your obvious beliefs on the system and your loyalties to it, how do you possibly reconcile that with discordian views, i really cant see the compatability.  :fnord:
seems to me (and squse me if im fucking wrong), but ye be had by the curse of the grayface, most heinously.

so how do you see yourself as a discordian pope, given your views on the machine?

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: barumunk on March 10, 2008, 08:16:06 AM
hahahahaha oh my fuck, i've just gone through the whole thread, and shit it get repetitive Fuck!

but what i really dont understand is, Pope L. given your obvious beliefs on the system and your loyalties to it, how do you possibly reconcile that with discordian views, i really cant see the compatability.  :fnord:
seems to me (and squse me if im fucking wrong), but ye be had by the curse of the grayface, most heinously.

so how do you see yourself as a discordian pope, given your views on the machine?

What have i said about the Machine except that it works?  Being a shitty Cog is futile?  Should i have said something else?  My loyalties are not to the system, my loyalties tie me to the purpose of me joining in the first place and other abstractions.  In this way, i can perform my duties and get what i want without conflict of interest between myself and the "Machine."  There certainly have been some problems with me adjusting to the Marine Corps lifestyle, but i've adapted enough to the point where i can stay out of trouble.

Let me know what my "obvious" beliefs are so we can talk about that.  My loyalties do not extend far beyond those i care about and myself.  If the Machine were to die a horrible death and be replaced by a system that works better, i will shed no tears.  However, for me to accept a change like this, it must come from us.  Started and facilitated by us.  By us, i mean a group of Discordians that can take over.  The only thing we need to do it is a great leader, certainly the rest of us combined have the know-how and connections to back up such a candidate.  **GASP**  That would require organization, dedication, commitment, and a drive... things of that nature.  Do you know why it can't happen?  NO ONE has the DRIVE.  Most are content to live the life we do in this country.  Those who are not try pointless bullshit like becoming "sandy" and "bent cogs," which either amounts to taking FUTILE action or really amounts to handing out flyers and internet snobbery.  So really?  Who the fuck will take this seriously?

Don't blame me for not wanting to participate in this battle with you (your site).  I am having so much fun being alive and enjoying the things i do and the people i meet.  If a group can be formed that understands these things and they need help to accomplish something, i'll do what i can do.

Also, the system or the Machine or whatever you want to call it, gives me the means to make a happy life for myself.  Would you hesistate to make a deal with the devil if the only price to pay was the unhappiness of others with you for making this deal?  There is no other price to me.  Things you think i'm losing, i don't want, need, or never had to begin with.  Name some things i should be upset about losing and we could talk about how i never had or wanted these things to begin with.  Some of the abstract concepts hold little value to me in regard to others which i consider more important.  Since we all know the only concept worth believing in is that human life is SO precious. haha
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

AFK

PROTIP for PL:  Just because YUO don't see something happening doesn't mean it isn't happening.

And really you should know that.

You have no idea what the individuals on this board do in their personal lives.  What happens on these forums, on an individual basis, is such a small percentage of the real people.  It's rather disheartening that someone who supposedly embraces Discordian ideals and philosophies would generalize and assume much about people he does not know outside the internet.  Seems very judgemental and assuming if you ask me.

Yet, you have reduced the PD.COM membership to trolling and handing out flyers.  Yet, what you don't see is our interactions with IRL people.  You don't hear our conversations with others.  You know JACK SQUAT about what impact we may or may not have in our individual lives. 

So seriously, you need to stop with the assumptions and generalizations.  It's not very becoming, and, IMO, it certainly isn't a very Discordian thing to do. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 10, 2008, 05:53:08 AM
Quote from: Cainad on March 10, 2008, 05:33:20 AM
If you've killed for us, then we hired a hitman. Does that not make us liable?

Good question.  Just think of it as me performing any number of services that are necessary but that you don't want to do.  When i am at work and i'm about to push the big red button (it's not actually red), i imagine everyone i care about and people like faust and roger in my position wearing my uniform, covered in blood.  Their tears flowing from guilt, or some other pain.  After they cycle through my mind one by one, lastly, it's me.  I press the button.  The blood that was on me and my hands flows away like water and it is done, and all those people never had to go through all the pain I imagine a person like that would feel.

So... At what point do you think about the flouride they're putting in the water, and what that does to the Purity of your Essence?

B_M_W

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Well, Pope Lecherous may seem to write like a 5 year old afflicted with ADD. However, I see nothing inherently non-Discordian about the ideas that he appears to be trying to communicate. Sure he may be a Cosmic Schmuck for assuming that we exist only in this forum as some digital avatar of Discord, of course he may well be playing an idiot for not realizing that most of the 'stuff' we do IRL tend toward KYFMS level material. But, we all end up being "assuming, Cosmic Schmucks" from time to time.

If PL likes to kill people, well so be it. Eris often rode on the back of Aries chariot, delighting in the chaos of War. Of course, Eris didn't much consider the soldiers to be her darlings. She was much more interested in causing chaos at a much higher level with the soldiers as little toys of death. Her delight was in watching Man kill man. That was back in the day when a soldier faced death directly, there were no buttons. Eris loved to watch two men, both brave, both patriotic, both guarnteed by his commander that this act was Necessary, Justified and Moral. Both men, trying their best to end the life of one another. Hacking at one another with swords that were more bludgeoning than sharp and a fighting style they was as likely to end with two mortal wounds as simply one. As long as PL recognizes that his actions only appear ordered; that his virtue and validity exists only as a social meme propagated through his society; as long as he can come to terms with murder being murder and the death of innocent civilians as blood guilt, the same as if he'd slain the whole family in their beds, pinning little children to their mattress with a long knife... then he will make  a fine Discordian. However, he walks a very difficult path for Eris... for if he once feels that his actions of murder are moral or that the 5 children that died in his button pushing to wipe out two 'terrorists', were justifiable... then he surely will fall victim to the same Aneristic Delusion that grips so much of the poor Citizens of Thud.

Indeed, let us help our dear fellow in Chaos by constantly reminding him that every drop of blood spilled, no matter how the Dept. of Murde.. err Defense may try to scrub it off, appears still there on his hands (if he ever actually kills anyone). Let's us keep forefront in his thoughts that the entire military system exists as nothing more than a false order placed over the chaotic and amoral act of mass murder. Let us remind him daily that his actions are not in our name, nor are they for those here who are unwilling to kill. They are to sate his own mind, his own homunculus sitting deep within his psyche. Sure, it hides behind the false memes of duty and patriotism, but as a Discordian, he is able to peel that veneer away and stare at the stark, bloodthirsty little man within and know, that in the end, his actions are his own and his alone.

If that is not truly Discordian, then I'll eat my hat.

Hail Eris, All Hail Discordia!

Ratatosk, Squirrel of Discord
Muncher of the ChaoAcorn
Chatterer of the Words of Eris
POEE of The Great Googlie Mooglie Cabal
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Requia ☣

Oh, I'm all for military and killing and stuff, hell, the military is way too busy cleaning up America's last major fuckup in the Middle East to do anything really bad anyway.  My problem with PL is that he's willing to sign not only his body but his mind over to his superiors.  If the military *was* busy engaging in mass murder right now, he wouldn't think even once about doing it.

That, and he seems to have actually interpreted 'defend the constitution and the people from enemies foreign and domestic' as 'preserve the pocketbooks of the rich'
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jenne

Just so PL knows who he's REALLY killing for:

Otherwise, this whole thread reminds me of that scene with Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cain on March 09, 2008, 11:09:44 PM
I'm considering serving in the Australian army

that's funny, so am I!

:lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on March 10, 2008, 10:40:52 PM

that's funny, so am I!

I might have to desert if it comes to real fighting.

I have no interest in dying for my country.  I'm all about the fringe benefits.

And thats assuming I cant pull off what would be an incredible win this summer in the job stakes.  I consider it my fallback position.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 10, 2008, 05:53:08 AM
Quote from: Cainad on March 10, 2008, 05:33:20 AM
If you've killed for us, then we hired a hitman. Does that not make us liable?

Good question.  Just think of it as me performing any number of services that are necessary but that you don't want to do.  When i am at work and i'm about to push the big red button (it's not actually red), i imagine everyone i care about and people like faust and roger in my position wearing my uniform, covered in blood.  Their tears flowing from guilt, or some other pain.  After they cycle through my mind one by one, lastly, it's me.  I press the button.  The blood that was on me and my hands flows away like water and it is done, and all those people never had to go through all the pain I imagine a person like that would feel.

Mysticwicks called.

they want their sociopathic fake soldier back.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cain on March 10, 2008, 10:44:20 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on March 10, 2008, 10:40:52 PM

that's funny, so am I!

I might have to desert if it comes to real fighting.

I have no interest in dying for my country.  I'm all about the fringe benefits.

And thats assuming I cant pull off what would be an incredible win this summer in the job stakes.  I consider it my fallback position.

I dunno. Fighting Timorese gas thieves sounds like a better deal than fighting angry Pashtuns.

and yeah, ditto. I figure if shit gets so bad here that rich people can't go out and eat overpriced food, then I'll need a fallback position, preferrably one that comes with guns and nice beaches.

Cain

Eating my own foot sounds better than fighting angry Pashtuns, truth be told.  East Timor sounds alright though, they only seem to beat up people who cant fight back which presumably excludes people with guns in uniform.  From what I hear, most of the South Pacific is considered Australia's remit for policing, but thats not too bad, really.  Especially since half those places wont exist in 50 years, thanks to global warming.