News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

BREAKING: US MARINE THROWS PUPPY OFF A CLIFF

Started by Cain, March 04, 2008, 03:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Random Probability on March 10, 2008, 05:19:14 PM
Quote from: Cthulhu's Squidling on March 08, 2008, 05:59:26 PM
well let me try to explain why a person would be upset over a man killing an animal that really had no way of defending itself, had no idea what was happening to it, doesn't understand the concept of "war on turrurrrrr" .... oh wait. just did.

to me, people who do that kind of shit are weak little pussies.
seriously.

"ooh look at me, big tough guy, gonna throw this defenseless animal like a rag doll, all my buddies will laugh, har har *choke on my own vomit* har!"

Ah, so if it had been a full grown dog, then it would be okay.  I get it. 

And just so you know, I'm not defending what that idiot did.  Getting filmed doing that kind of shit is only slightly more stupid than doing it in the first place.  My point is that it just doesn't matter.  Tossing an animal is a non-event compared to the abuse the government heaps upon human beings as a matter of official policy.  I find it laughable that in the midst of all that human misery, so many people will waste their time and effort to crucify one man instead of doing something actually worthwhile.

Just saying....
never mentioned puppy or full grown dog.
i said animal
don't care if it's a spider-dog-camel-puppy-cat-elephant-horse-rhino-bee
it's douche baggery. period.

Quote from: Cain on March 10, 2008, 11:29:32 PM
If we allowed the cows to wander freely, puppies with a death wish would naturally make their way to psychopathic marines (via osmosis), curing world hunger.

Or something.

and  :lulz: :lulz:

FingFeng

I guess some people just don't get it.

Marines don't just put on the uniform and go out to shoot and get shot at.  Theres a lot of training and desensitisation goes into churning out marines.

I suspect they did Kittens and Puppies as part of basic training.

Until you have hurled 100 puppies of a cliff without shedding a tear you really can't place yourselves in this brave mans steel toecapped boots.

Support our brave puppy throwers!  It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

~Fing Feng III

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know an argument I think is totally shrill, whiny, and retarded? The "It's lame to care about this issue because worse things happen" argument. Basically, it's the "EVERYONE IN THE WORLD SHOULD CARE ABOUT WHAT I CARE ABOUT OR THEY'RE BAD PEOPLE" argument in a new, stupider package.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

meh i think there are more retarded arguments being made in the world than to care about that one.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: triple zero on March 11, 2008, 03:05:16 PM
meh i think there are more retarded arguments being made in the world than to care about that one.

LOL  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

saint aini

I just don't like dogs at any age unless they think they're cats.  However, I'm against torturing animals to the point where I'm entertaining the idea of eating vegetarian once I find a vegetarian diet that I can live with.

As for "beef and leather", I'm not a rabid PETArd.

As for the rape issue, Hoopla, I hope you are raped by a rabid pack of dogs or models who would rather be naked than wear fur.
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

FingFeng

Quote from: Nigel on March 11, 2008, 02:42:54 PM
You know an argument I think is totally shrill, whiny, and retarded? The "It's lame to care about this issue because worse things happen" argument. Basically, it's the "EVERYONE IN THE WORLD SHOULD CARE ABOUT WHAT I CARE ABOUT OR THEY'RE BAD PEOPLE" argument in a new, stupider package.
I disagree.  It just highlights a much bigger issue.  That we have governments that dehumanise people in the first place... we create an army of desensitised killers and set them loose on others.

Then we bring them home in such a state that they cannot relate to anything or anyone...

... what do you expect happens next.

A single puppy is pretty much irrelevant when you have a planet full of angry primates caving each others skulls with rocks.  Sure, we can relate to the puppy so thats what we choose to focus on... unfortunately, there are monstrous folk around who would quite cheerfully throw our puppy loving asses after it.

THE PUPPY AINT THE ISSUE

~Fing Fing III

LMNO

I can't access it now, but over at jj.am, there's a gif that mashes the puppy thrower with the final scene of StarWars4.

It's pretty funny.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: FingFeng on March 11, 2008, 04:30:13 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 11, 2008, 02:42:54 PM
I disagree.  It just highlights a much bigger issue.  That we have governments that dehumanise people in the first place... we create an army of desensitised killers and set them loose on others.

Then we bring them home in such a state that they cannot relate to anything or anyone...

... what do you expect happens next.

A single puppy is pretty much irrelevant when you have a planet full of angry primates caving each others skulls with rocks.  Sure, we can relate to the puppy so thats what we choose to focus on... unfortunately, there are monstrous folk around who would quite cheerfully throw our puppy loving asses after it.

THE PUPPY AINT THE ISSUE

~Fing Fing III

Right.

Senseless cruelty and violence begets senseless cruelty and violence. Therefore it is valid to be concerned about all acts of senseless cruelty and violence, however small.

Otherwise, we fall into the "I beat my dog, but my neighbor beats his kids so I'm OK" trap.

Exhorting people to be blind to the small cruelties BECAUSE there are bigger ones is either a very lame joke or an overt act of violence promotion.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Come on, Nigel, why not lower that bar humanity is always trying to lower even further?  People are SUPPOSED to aspire to the lowest common denominator, right?  Why bother trying to protest otherwise when shit's gonna happen ANYWAY?

/tongue firmly planted in cheek

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Triple Zero

if this war would have been fought in OUTER SPACE like we've been promised for, oh i dunno, FIVE DECADES OR SO, the puppy would have been weightless and NONE of this would have mattered.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Coincidentally, the banning of the militarization of space dates back 5 decades or so.  And both China and the USA have broken the treaty in the past year.

Random Probability

Perhaps I was attempting to make too fine a point.  Also, I apparently neglected to wax sufficiently verbose to convey my sentiments.  My apologies for the confusion.

By your comments I can only conclude that none of you have been in the military, nor do you really know anybody who is or was in the military at some point in their life.  It is equally obvious that somewhere along the line a few of you became firmly entrenched with the meme "all military personal are brainwashed into being mindless killing machines".  All of you are intelligent enough to realize that such a belief is every bit as ignorant as the meme "all niggers are thieving motherfuckers" or "all women are whores".  Be that as it may, these are your beliefs so I suppose I should "respect" your beliefs, such as they are.

Of course, this is the internet after all, but it is also a Discordian forum, so I'm not sure what to think here.  At least this thread is mildly interesting.  Am I to take it that the Puppy Shot Put is "serious bizniz", eh what?