News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Hotsuma's Reviews: Final Fantasy X

Started by ~~~~Closed~~~~, May 26, 2004, 11:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~~~~Closed~~~~

Name: Final Fantasy X
Developer: Square-Enix

Gameplay: FFX's gameplay is very standard RPG affair, and by very standard I mean the usual turn based battle system, combined with linear gameplay. however FFX does have one big improvement to the combat. that being the the summons act as party members. so ratehr than just showing up and blowing your enemies up, they stick around and help you until they die. even with the summoning innovations, the combat and gameplay are still to linear and not deep enough.
15/20
Story: lets face it, if it doesn't have a good story...it's not an RPG. and FFX is no slouch in that department. it's story is pretty good...however is beoynd confusing if you stop paying attention for the smallest amount of time, it also  has a huge, glaring plot hole that I wont go into detail here.
15/20
Graphics: I don't need to go into much detail here, the graphics are absolutely amazing, superb, gorgeous, and any other word that means jaw dropping.
20/20
Sound: The sound and voice acting are generally pretty good, however Yuna has so many akward lines it makes it painfull to listen to.
13/20
Tilt: I like the game, so that definetly going to bump the tilt up a bit, however I don't like the linear gameplay, confusing story, and Yuna's crappy dialouge...thus driving the tilt down again. Due to a popular demand, and a brain lapse on my part. I'll be adjusting the tilt on the mini games, of all the mini games, Blitzball, and monster catching are the only good ones, butterfly catching, lightning dodging, and chocobo racing are all extremely tedious, repetive, and utter crap.
14/20

Final Verdict:
77/100, C, Average

MedeoPlusPlus

[imitates Tidus's forced laugh]
HAW HAW HAW HAW!!!
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

maddcat0

...And as we all know, Rikku frikkin rocks.........
:D :P :wink:  8)

(ok, so I may be a bit biased.... :wink: :lol: )
"Hot. Fresh. Just for you."--McDonald's food sticker appropriately placed on my name tag 8)

"oven dogs"=yummy :D

MedeoPlusPlus

Quote from: maddcat0...And as we all know, Rikku frikkin rocks.........
:D :P :wink:  8)

(ok, so I may be a bit biased.... :wink: :lol: )

Hey, I totally agree, and I know Hotsuma does too...
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

maddcat0

Quote from: MedeoHey, I totally agree,

yay! ^________^

Quoteand I know Hotsuma does too...

o,O...what's that supposed to mean?.......( :wink: )
"Hot. Fresh. Just for you."--McDonald's food sticker appropriately placed on my name tag 8)

"oven dogs"=yummy :D

~~~~Closed~~~~

It means that Rikku is my favorite character in the FFX series...errr...sub-series...thing...*gets confused by Squenix's franchising* :?

Lister

I say give it few points up for the blitzball...  I just had too much fun playing it, cause there are times when the the 6953th batlle with a couple of bombs and a tentacled green plant/flower/alien thing gets a tad boring...
When I was a little man
Playdough came in a little can
I was Star Wars' biggest fan
Now I'm stuck without a plan
GI Joe was an action man
Shaggy drove the mystery van
Devo was my favorite band
Take me back to my happy land

MedeoPlusPlus

Quote from: ListerI say give it few points up for the blitzball...  I just had too much fun playing it, cause there are times when the the 6953th batlle with a couple of bombs and a tentacled green plant/flower/alien thing gets a tad boring...

I second that
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

~~~~Closed~~~~

There, I tweaked it a bit...didn't make much diffrence though..