News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Pancake of Waffles?

Started by Richter, March 07, 2008, 05:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

You know you want to.

Cakes from Pans are still lies.
Operation SeaWaffle!  To London!

Triple Zero

i was a bit in a ranty complainy mood yesterday, apologies :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Darth Cupcake

OH YEAH? WELL HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES!:

[11:40] eve: wow
[11:40] eve: zippy laid a smackdown on our chocolate chip pancake love
[11:40] eve: i've only just caught it now, but damn :-\
[11:40] me: yeah. he's a cruel, cruel dutchman :(
[11:40] me: with no love in his heart
[11:40] me: NONE!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Triple Zero

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Jenne

Triple Zero

Richter

Wrong thread for pie - lovin'  :)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Pancakes and waffles are both fail when you forgot to get the maple syrups.   :|
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Grab the molasses and/or honey.

AFK

No molasses and I'm very particular about my pancakes/waffles.  It's syrup or GTFO.  Well, I'll settle for syrup-product, but that's as far as I'm willing to budge. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Waffles I can handle more of this cheese-and-egg stuff.  Pancakes to me need a generous dollop of melted/melting butter and maple syrup.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like strawberry freezer-jam on my pancakes.

Waffles have much potential for cheese and etc. For example, you can make cornmeal waffles with onions and cheese, and they taste like Hush Puppies.

When I got a waffle iron I immediately started experimenting with what can and cannot be made into a decent waffle. Chocolate cake, for instance, is too light and fluffy to make a good waffle; it's hard to get out of teh waffle iron and doesn't hold its shape well.

Blueberry muffins, on the other hand, make excellent waffles.

Cannot make pie in a waffle iron.

Can, however, make ham sandwiches.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Nigel on March 14, 2008, 10:08:30 PM
Quote from: Anonymously Evil on March 14, 2008, 03:53:43 PM(Also, I don't like bacon. :()

:?

Quote(Also, I don't like bacon. :()

:cry:

Quote(Also, I don't like bacon. :()

:x

This makes me cry.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on March 19, 2008, 04:03:35 PM

Waffles have much potential for cheese and etc. For example, you can make cornmeal waffles with onions and cheese, and they taste like Hush Puppies.

When I got a waffle iron I immediately started experimenting with what can and cannot be made into a decent waffle. Chocolate cake, for instance, is too light and fluffy to make a good waffle; it's hard to get out of teh waffle iron and doesn't hold its shape well.

Did you experiment with adding less liquid? 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Khara on March 19, 2008, 05:20:10 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 19, 2008, 04:03:35 PM

Did you experiment with adding less liquid? 

Yes, but I still couldn't make pie.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

:lol:

Well, we used to have a sandwich maker that used to do that.  My brother still has it.  He refused to let my parents trash it because of all the fond memories he had of making sandwiches, or mini-pies if you will, out of that thing all childhood long.