News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Some more flyers for postergasm

Started by Golden Applesauce, March 09, 2008, 02:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

http://forget.the-aristotelian-telescope.com/omf_distributed.doc

These are some flyers I made for my college's coming postergasm.  Most of the ideas were lifted / inspired by the "One Sentence Meme Bomb" thread.  The "Student Council" series is to be cut into several individual strips and distributed.  Since we're actually having a student council election, I'm hoping they won't be taken down as fast.  The SOS thing at the bottom gets cut off, don't want it to be tied to the more obvious stuff.

The very last one is my reworking of the 23 Things To Amuse You While You Wait pamphlet, to be printed on cardstock, cut along the dashed lines, folded down the middle, and placed on cafeteria tables.  It's a common form of communication on my campus, only usually it's used for Darfur or Islam Awareness Week or a Lenten Movie Series or something.  (I greatly shortened the message and dumbed down the vocabulary.)

This is all Phase One stuff.  Phase two will feature more explicit BIP and weblinks.

Finally, I posted this one ( http://forget.the-aristotelian-telescope.com/SOLICITORS.doc ) on my dorm door, hoping to discourage all the door-to-door salesmen my college is afflicted with.  Comes with having one of the top entrepreneurship programs in the country, I guess.  So far, not a single solicitor has passed my door by, but a number of people were inadvertently mindfucked.  I'll take what I can get, I guess.

Thanks to nostalgicBadger for the bandwith +storage space.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cramulus

awesome work, man!

I particularly like the "why are you still thinking about this? what does it mean, anyway?" one. Can you toss 'em up on the wiki? If you'd like, I can hook you up with an account.

Triple Zero

really sweet!

yeah toss em on the wiki, it's probably a slightly more permanent storage than forget.the-artistotelian.telescope.com

my favourite so far is "Give your change to the Machine!", is that from the memebomb thread too?

also the short robot blurbs (from one of Vex's or Cram's rants, no?) are good

you inspired me to select and filter my favourites from the memebomb thread, and build it into a digital doomsday device. stay tuned..
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Golden Applesauce

The robot blurbs are the cabbage blurbs from 23 Things to Amuse You While You Wait.  Giving change to the machine is indeed from the memebomb thread.

Wiki account sounds fine, but wouldn't it be easier (for me) if you guys just put it up yourself?  And from a security standpoint, for a group that loves to troll other groups, handing out wiki accounts to someone with less than a dozen posts is kinda odd.  Are you just really trusting or do you know there is nothing I can do?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cramulus

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on March 09, 2008, 11:13:43 PM
Wiki account sounds fine, but wouldn't it be easier (for me) if you guys just put it up yourself? 

It's better for the OMGASM community if we all learn how to post our own work. Reliance on the few people with access to the wiki will eventually overburden those people, or slow things down if those dudes become uninterested.

And from a security standpoint, for a group that loves to troll other groups, handing out wiki accounts to someone with less than a dozen posts is kinda odd.  Are you just really trusting or do you know there is nothing I can do?

the latter.

yeah, it's easy for trolls to get in - all they have to do is contribute. If they decide to be rude - wiki has a revert button... Also, we already have your ip.  :evil: