News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

The PD.com soundtrack (working title)

Started by Cain, March 09, 2008, 06:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Has KMFDM-Megalomaniac been suggested? 

Cain

Probably.  There are at least 6 KMFDM suggestions floating around though, so I don't think we need any more.

Jasper

Upon reviewing some lyrics, I'm rescinding my suggestion.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on May 15, 2008, 06:21:10 PM
Probably.  There are at least 6 KMFDM suggestions floating around though, so I don't think we need any more.

Then again, I recall submitting entire albums, so...

Jasper

Yeah, but if you listen to enough KFMDM they all start to sound like the same song anyways.  I usually don't put more than three on any mix I make.

Idem

I have an .mp3 of the live version of that song (the Stop Making Sense thing, thought it was better than the other one) if Cain wants it

Also (sound quality a bit bad):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5yJZUyr_cM

Cain

The Youtube link should be fine.

Also, I am now formally requesting WOMP create a cover for the album "Sweet Merciful Fuck, Pterodactyls!"

Triple Zero

hm, as i suspected, this is ridiculously easy:

http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-create-a-torrent/

sites like ThePirateBay and Torrent-Downloads have free "open trackers" you can use.

basically
- in uTorrent you click File > Create new Torrent and then select a directory of files you want to include in the torrent.
- then you copy one (or more) of the open trackers from that blog article into the right field.
- then it will build the torrent file for you, which you can save
- now start seeding this torrent file

apparently, if you use for example the Pirate Bay's open tracker, your torrent will NOT appear in the general listings and searches of this site, you are just using their tracker, which does the job of keeping track of everybody who is in the swarm, so that new peers can connect to them and start sharing.

- in order for other people to start downloading (and sharing) this torrent, you need to send them the torrent file. so the only people that have access to this data are the ones that have the torrent file. (in order to appear on search listings, you need to specifically upload the torrent to piratebay or mininova etc)

I have just tried this out with an extended pack of my ableton mixes, made a torrent, and sent it out to some friends. It took a few minutes before anything happened, but now the swarm is transferring and tossing pieces around happily :)
Only thing is that probably for a next torrent i'd better include more than one open tracker (just used the piratebay one now), for more redundancy, cause if this tracker is offline, the swarm stagnates.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

e

Secret Chiefs 3 - Ship of Fools   

This is a fun off-kilter instrumental that really gets across the feeling of being in an out-of-control vessel of some sort.  Good stuff, as is most anything by Secret Chiefs 3.

Edit to add a youtube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CELK2CC2eFM

And listening to that youtube link, I actually like the version they're playing there MORE than the version that's on the CD I have.  More echo and reverb or something, I think.  That or they were using more drugs on stage than in the recording studio, and the playing is more off-kilter because of it.

rong

Secret Chiefs 3 makes a great soundtrack to Amazon Women on the Moon
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Micro Ice

Let me Go, Gravity, Whats On My Shoulder?, Little by Little I Feel a Bit Better.

tpc: Zelath

1200 mics -dmt and -sex drugs & magic
Ashbury Heights - world coming down
David Gray - Babylon
Denis Laery - Asshole
Bob Marley - Adam & Eve, - Real situation
Lisa ekdahl - med kroppen mot jorden, -två lyckliga dårar
Ola Magnell - everything