News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Surely you're joking. Leslie Nielsen dead.

Started by Suu, November 29, 2010, 02:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I think I accidentally reported someone in this thread, well, I don't know if it went, I didn't hit submit, but if it did, it was an oops.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Thurnez Isa

Best way to describe Leslie Nielson is he was never really funny per say but he was always the most enjoyable thing about any movie he was in.
especially in the loopy 70's animals run-amok film "Day of the Animals" where he got to wrestle a bear
:lulz:

Also Suu director Irvin Kershner (Empire Strikes Back) died too

EDIT: Just saw the other thread lol
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Whatever

hooplala

Leslie was hilarious when he was playing straight (like Airplane, Police Squad, and maybe the first Naked Gun movie) after that, he started mugging, and was desperately unfunny (Dracula Dead and Loving It, Mr Magoo, his Scary Movie appearances, etc).

Still... its sad.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Jenne

Roaring Biscuit!

I don't think I've fully come to terms with this, it's like a distantly related crazy uncle has died.

Yup, that sounds lame, celebritry culture, it fucks your kids dontcha know.

MJ joke not obligatory.

x

edd

President Television

I just watched Forbidden Planet in his honour.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.