News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

OPERATION: PENNSYLGASM

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, March 13, 2008, 05:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

yes.

meanwhile, don't put all our eggs in that basket. brainstorm and develop other methods of infiltration, either into the media or into the general population directly somehow, and see if we can refine our approaches. hopefully by the end of two weeks we can have some idea of what's working and what isn't, then expand on those approaches.

immediate steps: either use the letter above (pdf) or come up with something else (but everyone agree on the same letter), everyone pick a newspaper, print the letter, and send it out by Monday.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

tyrannosaurus vex

FTR, having scoured the entire internet (every last page), i can report that there are a total of 6 discordians who exist both in PA and on the Internet.

Verbal Mike

Have you contacted them? And are there any PAnians on PD.com?

I loved the letter, made me LOL rather loudly several times. It might be useful to insert references related to this letter wherever we can on the internet. Some reporters may use the internet to try and find out what's going on.
I'll see what I can do, later today or some other day.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

barumunk

in my own rather ineloquent way, I'd like to suggest something:

cram: you posted a list of Penn newspapers,

What if. we (AWS) as a whole  not as cells were to all produce a single AWS'd article each, featuring the meme as decided upon by the brainstorm, or the "letter" that vex posted.  all mentioning the reception of this "letter" and that newspapers take /opinion of it. then leading others to discuss the "letter" without actually having been sent it.

or am i barking up the wrong tree here.

im keen to help on the AWSing of online news articles front. (though me not being form the US of A and rather out of touch, im not always up to date and informed with regards your political scene)

[edited for clarity]

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

tyrannosaurus vex

tyrannosaurus vex

interested parties report to: hxxp://discoflux.com/node/121

signing up will result in a .zip file being sent to your email address with materials and instructions.

Iron Sulfide

i hope not;

here's some fodder that might garner some ideas:

http://discoflux.com/awsnews/tools/fallacies-trimmed.pdf

excuse the slap-dashery of the scan. the title is "Fallacies: The Art of Mental Trickery and Deception"

additionally subtitled as "44 foul ways to win an argument."

basically, the format is "here's logical fallacies; here's why they're aren't sound/valid; here's how one would use them in an actual argument." it's like Carl Rove's playbook, but better IMO. protip: use for propaganda, then use for metapropaganda, exposing how polititians use these tactics almost verbatim.
Ya' stupid Yank.

barumunk

is that an auto responding email?  or are you going to have to send that stuff manually?

im still in.

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

tyrannosaurus vex

have to send it manually due to instructions varying for every responder.

yours is sent now.

tyrannosaurus vex

website is down atm

send your sign-up email to pennsylgasm[at]discoflux[dot]com

tyrannosaurus vex

NEVERMIND
operation canceled due to lack of interest.

barumunk

WTF! everyone who didnt show interest, YOU SUCK!

:argh!:

Cramulus

Yeah agreed.  This community usually has a lot of GO power, so the lack of effort is kind of surprising.

Everyone who thought "oh what a cool idea!" but couldn't be arsed to send in an e-mail,  :tgrr:!

It's hard to organize these things, and it suuuuucks when they fizzle because nobody's got 30 seconds to send an e-mail and then two minutes and 41 cents to send a snail mail.

btw - you non-Americans are off the hook.... for now....

barumunk

wtf  :argh!: no i dont think they're off the hook, im not american and i made the effort!
plus all you AWS peeps WTMF! to you too, i posted it there too, and still no response :( sad sad sad.

and no offence to other peoples "experimental" gasms, but (at least to me) this one seemed as though it had some constructive/destructive purpose (at least some purpose).... and yet no response.

k ive had my rant

tyrannosaurus vex

Problem is that it requires coordination, which we are unfortunately not very good at. Also, I can come up with ideas but I am not exactly a Commander type, and don't want that role, so part of the failure of this project is my responsibility.

The other problem is that to work as imagined, we need a shit load of people. If we got every single active person on PD, POEE, and EB&G to participate, we would maybe have enough. Obviously that isn't going to happen so we need to recruit from other places, and that takes time. A coalition of 60 people ready to act in a coordinated manner isn't impossible but compared to everything else we've ever done, it's an enormous goal that won't happen in just a few days. So that part of the plan was just unrealistic.