News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Self-Repairing Rubber

Started by Voodoo Chile, March 17, 2008, 02:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voodoo Chile

http://technology.newscientist.com/channel/tech/mg19726445.700-rubbery-material-selfrepairs-when-snapped.html

Well the smallest inventions tend to have the most lasting impact. Self repairing gloves,rubber bands,tires. Actually been trying to think how much rubber do I actually come in contact with day to day,Probably less then I think but if this can be applied to other matierials should be pretty impressive.
If I was witty, I'm sure you'd be laughing by now.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Natural rubber is far more common that most people tend to think.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Um

Condoms.

Use this in condoms.

Richter

So the condom will self repair upon any breaks... This is OK if the spermicide works. 
My brain just gets stuck on the idea of an infinitely reuseable condom, thou. :x
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Requia ☣

Quote from: Richter on March 25, 2008, 12:59:44 PM
My brain just gets stuck on the idea of an infinitely reuseable condom, thou. :x

:asplode:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Dysfunctional Cunt

OK, EWWWWWWW on reusable condoms, but YAY! for self-repairing tires!!!! :lulz:

Jasper

ITD BE GREAT!  JUST STICK IT INNA DISHWASHER! :lulz:

LMNO

Hey, that works for dildoes...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Richter on March 25, 2008, 12:59:44 PM
So the condom will self repair upon any breaks... This is OK if the spermicide works. 

According to studies spermicide increases transmission of STDs because it damages all cells, not just sperm.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on March 27, 2008, 07:46:04 PM
Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on March 23, 2008, 06:07:41 AM
Um

Condoms.

Use this in condoms.

Barn door, horse?

Do what you want on your own time... but I don't think there are condoms that fit horses... I also don't think you have to worry too much about a condom for a horse, unless other people are also using him.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That was a bit of a stretch.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on March 27, 2008, 10:49:18 PM
That was a bit of a stretch.

I'm sure it would be, but I don't want those sort of details!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Richter

"Are we talking bigger than a breadbasket? 'Cause actually, it will come out on its own, which for small stuff is no problem. Gets wrapped up in a nice soft package and plop! Big stuff, you're going to rip something, which speaking medically, is when the fun stops."
-Dr. House
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat