News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Nano-robots cause Morgellon's!

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, March 18, 2008, 08:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Ah, Morgellons.  The favourite disease of conspiracy theorists everywhere.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love that they've finally taken it to the other side with the "discovery" of nano-robots as the cause of the disease.  :lulz:

Also, one of the "scientists" studying Morgellon's has come up with a treatment that can bring relief to sufferers for the low low cost of only $2/day.

My husband is disapproving of my amusement at this.

Cain

The last I heard, they had 'found' fibrous organisms in the swellings.

Of course, I haven't really looked into it, beyond cursory readings elsewhere.

Cramulus

QuoteThe emerging disease called Morgellons is caused by nano machines which are believed to receive ... ELF signals and information.

When did the Erisian Liberation Front start dabbling in nanotech?

Cain

ELF may refer to:

* Earth Liberation Front, a radical environmentalism group
    * ELF Corporation, a Japanese maker of hentai CGI and games
    * Elvish Linguistic Fellowship, an organization that studies the invented languages of J. R. R. Tolkien
    * Endangered Language Fund, a non-profit organization
    * English as a lingua franca, a term within English language learning and teaching
    * Environmental Law Foundation, a UK registered charity
    * Environmental Life Force, a radical environmentalism group
    * Eritrean Liberation Front, the main secessionist movement in Eritrea during the 1960s and 1970s
    * Esper Liberation Front, a fictional organization in the Deathstalker novels
    * European Liberation Front, the goal of minimizing the diverse European nationalistic groups to form a common front
    * Executable and Linking Format, a common object file format for Unix
    * Extremely low frequency, the band of radio frequencies from 3 to 30 hertz
    * Liberté, égalité, fraternité (Liberty, Equality, Fraternity), the motto of the French Republic
    * E.L.F (Ever-lasting Friends), the official name of the global fanclub of boy band Super Junior

All fronts for the ELF.

LMNO

Cain

Anyway, there is an interesting and quite neutral article in Psychology Today about Morgellons, going back to last year.

http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20070227-000003.xml

Because skin symptoms are often the most visible aspect of this disease, dermatologists are usually the first to be consulted. Most have no doubt that what they're seeing is delusional parasitosis. One reason is that Morgellons patients often present them with what they consider to be hallmark evidence: a sample of what's in their skin. Psychiatrists call it "the matchbox sign," a reference to the little containers in which the samples are typically stored. (Some doctors now call it the Ziploc sign.) Morgellons patients often show up in the doctors' offices carrying Ziplocs full of fibers; dermatologists say they are simply fibers from clothing, embedded in self-imposed sores, whereupon they promptly offer a prescription for antipsychotic medication. Rarely, complain the patients, is their skin examined first. "You think you're bringing them evidence, but you're really just shooting yourself in the foot," says Leitao. "It just closes the door."

But when Craft examined his first patient, he found no evidence of anything unusual. And because he saw nothing, he felt no reason to do something as invasive as a biopsy. "I thought it was delusional parasitosis," he says. Gently, he suggested that the condition might be psychological. She never came back.

Since then, with other Morgellons patients, he has taken the examination further and biopsied their skin. But he's seen nothing to suggest that it's a real condition—especially not fibers in the patients' skin. In fact, the only place Craft says he has ever seen the fibers are on Leitao's Web site. From his computer screen, he says, "they look like fibers of fabric and, on occasion, collagen fibers from within the skin. In the biopsies I have taken, there appear to be only normal skin and inflammation, as one would find in a bump that has been picked at."

While most physicians seem to lean toward the delusional parasitosis diagnosis, there are a handful of people who think there's something real going on here. About a year ago, Oklahoma State neuroscientist Randy Wymore stumbled upon Leitao's Morgellons site and became intrigued. Wymore called Leitao and asked if there were any fiber samples he could look at. Within days, Ziplocs were arriving in the mail from around the country. Though the fibers all resembled one another, he says, they looked like no other synthetic or natural fiber he compared them to. Ultimately, he asked the fiber experts on the Tulsa police department's forensics team to examine them.

First they employed a type of spectroscopy that identifies the chemical structures of fibers and compared them to their database of 800 fibers. No match.

Next they subjected fibers to gas chromatography. Compounds put through this process are encased in a vacuum chamber and exposed to high heat; the temperature at which they reach boiling point is a clue to what compound they are made of. The forensic experts had a database that included the boiling point of 90,000 organic compounds with which to compare the fibers. But the machine ran to its highest temperature, 1,400 degrees, and apart from some slight blackening, nothing happened. The fiber experts were mystified. "The conclusion we were left with is that they are unknown fibers, not simply contaminants from clothing sticking to scabs," says Wymore.

Wymore, who is not a physician, also asked Rhonda Casey, the chief of the pediatrics department at Oklahoma State University Hospital, to take a look at some of the patients for him, to get a medical opinion. "Honestly, when he first told me about it, I thought, they're all nuts," says Casey. But she changed her mind. "There was not one patient I saw who did not look ill," she says. What's more, they all looked ill in the same way, with neurological symptoms, including confusion, foot drop, in which a person loses control of their foot and has trouble walking, and a sagging mouth when they spoke. Many had been diagnosed with atypical forms of neurological diseases like Parkinson's or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease).

She examined their skin via a dermatoscope, a light tool with a magnifying lens. And she did biopsies on both their lesions and apparently healthy skin. She says she saw fibers embedded in both places. The white ones, she says, are hard to see. A dermatologist who either didn't look at all, or didn't use a dermatoscope, might not see them under the skin. But some—the black, red, and blue ones—are blatantly obvious, she says. One young girl had a small pimple on her thigh with a bundle of black fibers just barely protruding from it. Many doctors have accused these patients of embedding fibers in the sores themselves, but Casey doesn't believe it. "As a physician, I can't imagine reproducing what I saw in that little girl's leg."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I read that article a while ago, and the main thing I noticed was that while the author was very fair (and I'm not about to discount the possibility that there really IS a mystery disease behind the Morgellon's claims) many of the researchers she quoted are on the Morgellon's/chemtrails/nanorobot bandwagon.