News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

MMO GASM

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, March 22, 2008, 07:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

Since it's a gigantic forum it's pretty safe to say there are goons everywhere...even here  :tinfoilhat:
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Auguste

If HIMEOBS were real, it should have a presence in MMOs too.

nostalgicBadger

I remember Something Awful's Second Life series, although most of it was not particularly original and basically just amounted to flooding events with particle cocks.
meh.

BADGE OF HONOR

And what is wrong with a flood of cocks exactly?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Ari

I approve with any cascade of cocky nature.
パンクビッチ

PeregrineBF

We should flood with particle roosters.

nostalgicBadger

Nothing inherently wrong with the flood of cocks, just that it had already been done by pretty much every beginning scripter ever.
There are more original ways to screw with Second Life. Actually, I've been promoting a system I designed to allow more interaction between the user and the environment, particularly of the environment on the user. Part of this entails a built-in physics system, and being able to trigger animations.

My plan, once I get enough people using the system, is to have some sort of event showcasing its uses, and right in the middle, trigger everybody to start doing the Thriller dance. And they won't be able to stop it.
meh.

BADGE OF HONOR

this is the first time I have acutally liked something you said, nB.  good idea.