News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

OMGASM elsewhere on the web

Started by Cramulus, March 21, 2008, 12:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

- posting every 3rd and 4th post into a generic pics and/or links thread, fluff it up
- starting new threads of your own, for example by c/ping rants and writings from pd.com, cram could for example post his old zany stuff like the robosexual and parable of the gong, see if it catches any attention
- if they're your own threads, you can meet people on your own terms, so if they start about psi-energy in your thread you are allowed to be confrontational about it, IMO, without immediately coming across as a jerk
- for the generic links you can probably link articles from the pd.com blog about half of the time
- for generic pics, just steal the average medium-funny (not harsh) stuff from our PICs thread
- another good one may be RWHNs blogpost, http://www.principiadiscordia.com/blog/rwhn/an-excercise/

also,
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on March 24, 2008, 02:57:26 PMDISCORDIAN EVANGELISM SAVES

(everyone takes full damage)

(no.... double damage)
:lol:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Good Rules of Engagement there.

And also, most importantly, we should establish ourselves slowly.  We already have 3 Discordian n00bs over there, and admins tend to freak when 20 people sign up at once (gods only know why....).  But yeah, we shouldn't really go out of our way to startle them either.

Triple Zero

making a lot of noise might scare away the mermaids.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Messier Undertree

Triple Zero

we should print that as stickers and paste it onto stuff, like [citation needed]

Cramulus

http://slddfdm.blogspot.com/

can anyone translate this?

I don't even know what language that is. Portugese? Italian? I didn't look too hard caues it's all barbarian-speak to me.

ETA: duh

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fslddfdm.blogspot.com%2F&langpair=it%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Cain

Urgh.

I swear, I would have got involved on Vsociety last night, but well, distractions....

Lets try this again.

Cramulus

So I don't know exactly what's going on, but POSTERGASM has had a rush of attention. 2000 hits in the last week. Right now we're getting about 200+ hits per day, which is WAY up from last month (5 or 10 hits per week).

This has happened before - a few months ago we got 19,000 hits in a very short amount of time. (more hits than anything else on the BIP wiki)

Any clues where all this traffic might be coming from?

Verbal Mike

I seem to recall there was some search engine that let you search for all the links to a certain page. I can't remember what it was called anymore, but it could be a very useful tool. If someone is bored, I probably heard about it from either BoingBoing or from Slashdot... Might want to look around there.

EDIT: I may have misremembered this. I thought it was referred to as a "reverse search engine" but googling those words indicates that's a different thing altogether. But anyhow, can't you just check where the hits are coming from, i.e what the refferers are?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Triple Zero

one, it just happens :-P

two, try exalead.com, yahoo.com or gigablast.com .. one of them is bound to have this syntax.

PeregrineBF

It's google's link:URL syntax. Strangely, it doesn't show much of anything.

Triple Zero

Quote from: PeregrineBF on July 02, 2008, 11:01:05 PM
It's google's link:URL syntax. Strangely, it doesn't show much of anything.

that's because google's just a shiny brandname very useful for 95% of your searches.

for the advanced stuff, use the better search engines.