News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

my mixes

Started by Triple Zero, March 24, 2008, 12:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 24, 2010, 02:21:02 PM
ok after a few hours of hard work in Ableton, I poomped out these bunch of Kraftwerk ringtones:

http://ifile.it/vt3orke/kraftwerk-ringtones.zip

they're in .AAC format, which is what my phone likes. It's not a very obscure format though, so good chances your phone likes it too.

if you're just interested what they sound like, VLC is able to play AAC files.

:argh!:

my phone received the file I sent it
but it can only save it as a "sound"
and "sounds" can't be made into ringtones. WTF.

Triple Zero

If you need them in a different format, I might be able to arrange [better to convert from my .wav originals than the low bitrate AAC encodings]. But figure out what sort of thing your phone does accept, first :-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

There are a few free phone ring creators out there.... I think it needs to be MP4 or some such shit.  The one I usually use has a drag n drop function, so if you have the AAC file, it will convert it for you.

I think. 

Triple Zero

MP4 is a container format, meaning it's a wrapper around some other codec. Just like AVI can be a wrapper for MPEG or DivX or whatever.

FAAC.exe, the wav to aac converter I used has an option to wrap the encoded output in an MP4 container.

Anyway, the AAC files are in the zip (didn't you look? :) )
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

BUMP

So I have a Soundcloud stream. Check it: https://soundcloud.com/tripzilch

In particular check my latest tune: https://soundcloud.com/tripzilch/approved-c

the new tune is based on the fact that you can have a kitten walk across your keyboard and as long as all notes are in the blues scale, it will SOUND AWESOME

the blues scale is ridiculous.

6 notes, any order, instant cool. music has never been so easy.

(as I said, I've been trying to learn about music theory. it's interesting. but it's also stupid (staff notation!! :argh!:). but if it helps me make more cool musical shit, in the styles of musical shit that needs to be made more of, so be it!) (these musical styles are in particular a couple of very specific chemical beats styles, and I'm nowhere near that yet, because currently I'm learning about notes and chords and scales and keys, while I should be learning about drums and breakbeats and tension, very much tension. but I'll get there)

Triple Zero

addition: it seems soundcloud is acting weird right now. I'm not sure what is up, but I think it's glitches on their side. retrying to load the page a few times seems to hit a working page after a while, did the trick.

LMNO

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 19, 2013, 07:53:45 PM
the blues scale is ridiculous.

6 notes, any order, instant cool. music has never been so easy.

Hence the existence of 11-year-old "Blues Prodigies".

Triple Zero

well, they could do worse for their choice :)

Triple Zero

until Souncloud gets its act together, here's that track on my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3ee48eeui6b73k/approved-c.ogg

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It says it can't find that sound!  :argh!:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

TRIPLE ZIP: PLAYS THE SOUNDS YOU CAN'T FIND.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

yeah I know, I got that same message. Then after reloading I get all sorts of not-quite-playing pages, usually Soundcloud is a great place to host your tracks. But they're also very into tweaking their code, I've seen outages before. Reloading a couple of times until it works, especially my profile page https://soundcloud.com/tripzilch from which you can click and play all tracks, seems to do the trick.

And otherwise use the dropbox link.

But be sure to check the soundcloud profile page later, because it's got way more cool stuff than just that track :) (and also a few shitty experimental thingies but they are short. I didn't yet upload my "DRONING POWERPOINT PRESENTATION" ambient drone + vocoder track yet. that one is experimental but also long.) (I should probably upload it anyhow, some day)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Eh I'll try again later, I should probably make some sort of gesture toward writing my speech or else take the dog to the beach or something today.

Triple Zero

Yeah sorry about that, I'll remember to bump when Soundcloud has stopped being glitchy. In the mean time, people with more time on their hands can try the reload trick (it works for me after 2-3 times).