News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

AbbyGasm

Started by Golden Applesauce, March 25, 2008, 03:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Contessa_Ugolino

If this GASM is still a go (and I hope it is, because I bought stamps), here's an alternate spin along the lines of ZOMG DEY R IN TEH SKOOLZ THINKZ UV DA CHILDRENZ!!1!:

Dear Advice Columnist:

I am in the eighth grade. I am not very popular. We have a new substitute teacher, and she is realy nice and cool and does not let the other kids pick on me or make fun of my clothes. And she said she is a Discordian, so people like that do not bother her. That they are a joke. I do not know what Discordian is? She says it is a religion. There is a devival for this religion and she is going and she said I could go too if I want but my parents wont let me cause they say it is no real religion.

Anyway I really want to go if it means I dont care about people laughing at me anymore and is it a real religion?

Thank you,
Jess

Just one mention that these depraved Discordians are in our schools, and we're in like Flynn, methinks. Or is that too sinister?
WE'RE PROBABLY NOT AS JUDGMENTAL AS YOU MIGHT THINK.

Cain

I think that works well.  Mainly because few people suspect children of trickery either (remember the psychologist who wrote all those letters to mass-murderers and politicians).

Contessa_Ugolino

Quote from: Cain on May 28, 2008, 06:24:00 PM
...[F]ew people suspect children of trickery either (remember the psychologist who wrote all those letters to mass-murderers and politicians).

Unfortunately, I don't remember, and it sounds right up my alley. D'you happen to have said psychologist's name floating about? I'm a big girl, so I'm happy to do my own research from there, but a trail of bread crumbs would be greatly appreciated.

Cain

Oh my mistake, he wasn't a scientist, he was a pop-culture historian.  Name of Bill Geerhart.

Verbal Mike

Very good spin there, Ugolino.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Contessa_Ugolino

Geerhart is golden! The article in Radar Magazine reprints copies of some of the responses he received, including two from Charles Manson. News Flash: Crazy Serial Killer Is Crazy.

Said article can be found at hxxp://radaronline.com/from-the-magazine/2008/04/letter_to_charles_manson_richard_ramirez_ted_kacyinski_bill.php

Chairman Risus

Why did you hxxp that?

Golden Applesauce

Bump for buzz week.

I'll be mailing out letters, although probably not to Strange Love.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Rumckle

Buzz Week, how'd it work out?

Being on the other side of the planet I can't really tell.

Worth attempting in Australia and other places?
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Verbal Mike

Worth attempting? OF COURSE!

Cramulus

Oops. I missed this one. Did anybody mail anything? Anybody see any results?

If we all missed it, we should do it again.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: rhys_rhaven on September 22, 2008, 04:50:30 AM
i found out about discordians through a friend I met over the summer. he seemed kinda off balance, and his girlfriend reminded me of a charlie manson follower. they were really nice though, so i thought id check it out. reading through your posts, its so obvious that what you call "eris" is just another name for satan. everything you guy support is just evil and wicked. do you know you are actively following satan or are you all misled? (as he is the great Deciever).

someone said in the tread about "definitions" that discordianism is trying to destroy america and everything it stands for. how can you say things like this and still think you are good? do you not think you are good? i just wanted to tell you all that God loves each and every one of you, and that no matter what you think now there is always a place for you in his Good Book.

Yes, I am a Christian.

GodBless,
Rhys
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Convenient and brilliant!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Payne

Quote from: rhys_rhaven on September 22, 2008, 04:50:30 AM
I found out about Discordians through a friend I met over the summer. he seemed off balance, and his girlfriend reminded me of a Charlie Manson follower. They were really nice though, so I thought I'd check it out. Reading through some of their online discussion boards, its so obvious that the "goddess" they worship called "Eris" is just another name for Satan. everything they support is just evil and wicked. Do they know they are actively following Satan or are they all misled? (as he is The Great Deceiver).

Someone said in a discussion about the definitions of Discordia said that Discordianism is trying to destroy America and everything it stands for. How can these people say things like this and still think they are good? Do you not think you are good? I just hope these deluded people all realize that God loves each and every one of them, and that no matter what you think now there is always a place for you in his Good Book.

GodBless,
A concerned Christian, Rhys

Fixed for immediate posting.