News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

quantum computer has been made

Started by P3nT4gR4m, March 27, 2008, 12:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on March 27, 2008, 03:43:03 PM
They've got something up their sleeve. 

/Hunch

You only know the half of it.

THEY (tm) set up these bogus research projects for things like quantum computing (which THEY themselves already have, of course), and with carefully planned "mistakes" cause the projects to fail. As a result, projects like this are discredited in the public and business sense, resulting in a disastrous holding back of new developments.

Cainad,
The paranoia NEVAR stops :lulz:

Jasper

I've read a bit about the nanotech involved in Q-Computing.  I didn't understand it very deeply, but it seems to check out.

The part about electron spin was confusing.  I think I could understand it if I came back to it now, though.

Daruko

Relevant link = http://www.qubit.org

I think there's some very promising research being done in this area, and this sort of massive parallel computing could be useful for a lot more than encryption.  I think it may also be possible that the faster we make progress in quantum computation, the sooner we will see full-immersion virtual reality.

Also, I'm still wondering:  How can we compute 10500 number of operations within a few seconds, without having a massive physical problem?   

Anyone aware of Deutsch's Structure of the Multiverse who understands it, and can refute/explain it, in undergraduate terminology?   I'm not aware of too many alternate models, and I'm still not sure I understand his.