News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

ASBOGASM

Started by Cain, March 27, 2008, 04:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

This might be one for the UK audiences more, since it involves contact with the UK authorities, and a fair amount of maliciousness with the law.

Anyway, for those of you unfamiliar with UK law, and ASBO is basically a law to annoy and attack poor people.  They are given out without a trial taking place and often criminalize behaviour such as:

- carrying condoms (for a prostitute)
- criminalizing swearing (for a kid with Tourette's Syndome)
- making staring into someone's garden illegal (for a kid with Autism)

The most hilarious ASBO however, is the one given out to a toddler who was apparently terrorizing a council estate - but had yet to be born.  The mother was the victim of a malicious prank.

Given this complete lack of oversight, I think it could be fun to prank the UK ASBO system, and turn its evil powers to good.  Flooding the system with crazy complaints and scenarios, or turning them onto MPs, council members and other scum.  Or both.  Get your MP banned from shouting "cucumbers!" at old people.  Ban BNP members from setting foot in their own homes.  Abuse the aneristic delusion for all its worth.

Next post:  how to go about abusing the system without getting caught.

Payne

Quote from: Cain on March 27, 2008, 04:48:06 PM
This might be one for the UK audiences more, since it involves contact with the UK authorities, and a fair amount of maliciousness with the law.

Anyway, for those of you unfamiliar with UK law, and ASBO is basically a law to annoy and attack poor people.  They are given out without a trial taking place and often criminalize behaviour such as:

- carrying condoms (for a prostitute)
- criminalizing swearing (for a kid with Tourette's Syndome)
- making staring into someone's garden illegal (for a kid with Autism)

The most hilarious ASBO however, is the one given out to a toddler who was apparently terrorizing a council estate - but had yet to be born.  The mother was the victim of a malicious prank.

Given this complete lack of oversight, I think it could be fun to prank the UK ASBO system, and turn its evil powers to good.  Flooding the system with crazy complaints and scenarios, or turning them onto MPs, council members and other scum.  Or both.  Get your MP banned from shouting "cucumbers!" at old people.  Ban BNP members from setting foot in their own homes.  Abuse the aneristic delusion for all its worth.

Next post:  how to go about abusing the system without getting caught.

wow, this is the first GASM I can really see myself getting involved in.

:lulz:

Golden Applesauce

So let me get this straight - Britain has been criminalizing anti-social behaviour since '98?  And ~80% of Brits approve of it?

WTFH.

More surprising is that this hasn't been reported at ALL in the US.

I wish you the best of luck.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Messier Undertree

Requia ☣

I'm a little familiar with these things.  Dunno if I can do anything from the US, but let me know.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

Will do.  I'm still checking a couple of things, either legislation wise or technical in aiding this.  Once I'm not drunk fresh and awake I'll try and sort them out.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Abusing the system without getting caught?

Skype?

Cain

Thats one of the technical things I am looking into, yes.

Xooxe

The internet equivalent of the social impact of ASBOs is 'The Man' signing up here and dishing out mittens for every accomplished raid.

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.