News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

The Authoritarian Personality

Started by Cain, March 27, 2008, 07:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vene

It's too bad that the grammar is so fucked up, I want to tell if what she says is valuable or not.

I might be missing out on enlightenment here! :omg:

Verbal Mike

There should be a Mis-autotranslated-English<>English autotranslator for these things.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Nast

I sent Dorada a pm in Spanish, asking her if she was in fact using an online translator for her posts, and if she was, that it would be easier if she posted in Spanish and I (or someone else) could then help interpret.

Of course as Cain said, she could speak Quechua or another sort of Amerindian language. If that's the case...uh...I'm not sure what to do.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Requia ☣

Quote from: DORADA on April 04, 2008, 11:08:20 AM

Very succeeded everything, it is the fear to known to lodiferente what joins the people in groups more than the conviction, the man is protected from the reactions of different persons. What does them of weak nature before the adversities, without responsibility, they want to be protected do not resist to live through experiences, and delegate the responsibility in the leader. They protect persons who form a part of the group even if they could be harmful persons since they do not admit the mistake it would unbalance them. :kojak: :rogpipe:
But I think that this fanaticism for the apparent "order" begins to appear as there are getting uncovered the lies and the motives of the leaders, in the measure that gets lost the fear of living the human being it(he,she) will grow in relation to the demas human beings. Our critique must come to a level contructivo announcing and approaching without prejudices towards them as human beings who look for the truth and the approximation to the others must be with generosity. The forts that walk alone and complete(upright) they can rescue consciences instead of moving away

I feel compelled to try and translate this...

This is all very good.  The fear of different things causes people to form groups that share their convictions, and this shelters them from the reactions of others.  Those of weak nature seek the powerful in times of hardship, Giving up responsibiity for themselves for protection, and giving all responsibility to the leader.  They protect their own, even when their own are harmful to others, because admitting their group could do wrong would screw up their world view.

But the fantacism for the apparent order (status quo or having power perahps?) is shown as the lies and motivations of the leaders becomes clear.  (I think the next sentance is saying that as new generations grow up or live in a state of fear, they start to become more suceptable to it, not sure).  Our critique must be contructive and level headed, approaching them (the RWAs?) as human beings are trying to find the truth, and be careful not to ID people as RWAs to easily.  (I think the last line is saying that as individuals we can help people with screwed up outlooks if we don't ignore them).

Now we just need somebody to translate my own rand of spagspeak into english (assuming I got it right).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Requia ☣

Also, on the subject of instilling fear into people at a young age, over the phone I just heard a woman tell her kids 'cover your mouth or you might let the devil get in'  :argh!:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Daruko

I felt something biting at me, but I couldn't word my post.  It's along the lines of something in your translation, the
Quoteand be careful not to ID people as RWAs to easily.
The line can be grey and thin.  Consciousness is complicated.   Also, it was a bit disappointing to notice the writings seemed intent to provoke with overabundant generalizations.   But who knows?  Maybe it'll do some good.  I read a book, I'll try and find and post (it's free online) recently published about the same thing, that was written much more objectively.   THOSE who fit the profile to whatever degree are certainly in need of rescuing.  But can it be done?  Kind of jumping into another area here, but I've thought recently about the idea that a government (and the US constitution originally seemed to aim to prevent this) should never attempt to rescue individuals from themselves.  In this context, it gives me a whole new variation to think through. 

Vene

Quote from: Requiem on April 04, 2008, 11:54:05 PM
Quote from: DORADA on April 04, 2008, 11:08:20 AM

Very succeeded everything, it is the fear to known to lodiferente what joins the people in groups more than the conviction, the man is protected from the reactions of different persons. What does them of weak nature before the adversities, without responsibility, they want to be protected do not resist to live through experiences, and delegate the responsibility in the leader. They protect persons who form a part of the group even if they could be harmful persons since they do not admit the mistake it would unbalance them. :kojak: :rogpipe:
But I think that this fanaticism for the apparent "order" begins to appear as there are getting uncovered the lies and the motives of the leaders, in the measure that gets lost the fear of living the human being it(he,she) will grow in relation to the demas human beings. Our critique must come to a level contructivo announcing and approaching without prejudices towards them as human beings who look for the truth and the approximation to the others must be with generosity. The forts that walk alone and complete(upright) they can rescue consciences instead of moving away

I feel compelled to try and translate this...

This is all very good.  The fear of different things causes people to form groups that share their convictions, and this shelters them from the reactions of others.  Those of weak nature seek the powerful in times of hardship, Giving up responsibiity for themselves for protection, and giving all responsibility to the leader.  They protect their own, even when their own are harmful to others, because admitting their group could do wrong would screw up their world view.

But the fantacism for the apparent order (status quo or having power perahps?) is shown as the lies and motivations of the leaders becomes clear.  (I think the next sentance is saying that as new generations grow up or live in a state of fear, they start to become more suceptable to it, not sure).  Our critique must be contructive and level headed, approaching them (the RWAs?) as human beings are trying to find the truth, and be careful not to ID people as RWAs to easily.  (I think the last line is saying that as individuals we can help people with screwed up outlooks if we don't ignore them).

Now we just need somebody to translate my own rand of spagspeak into english (assuming I got it right).

Thank you, the sentence structure now makes sense.  And I would have to agree with the conclusions that it draws.