News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

To All the Kids Who Survived the 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s!! Redux

Started by A.N. Other, April 01, 2008, 03:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.N. Other

Ever see those posters that praise those from these eras? Well, someone had brought a few to my job and I thought it was a bit...well, boring. So, I fixed it up.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Wow, for an asshole, everyone loves you, honey." -My wife

Nast

In my day, we had to walk in the snow 15 miles uphill BOTH WAYS...

Cuz physics wasn't workin' prop'rly back then.  :argh!:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Golden Applesauce

My grandpa lost an eye to a BB gun.  It's a real pain to fix the red-eye in digital photos because you have to match the shopped eye to his glass one.

And we (meaning the 90s) kids did make up games and play with sticks, and even got a couple injuries.  Then the forest across the street was bulldozed because the land owner decided he was going to put a house there.  Then he changed his mind, and the plot is a single mass of these weed vine things.  No trees or sticks or nothing.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That poster has always irritated the crap out of me, thank you for "updating" it!

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

A.N. Other

Quote from: Nigel on April 02, 2008, 04:27:07 AM
That poster has always irritated the crap out of me, thank you for "updating" it!

No problem. Annoyed the hell out of me, too.
"Wow, for an asshole, everyone loves you, honey." -My wife

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I always wanted to respond with "YEAH and a bunch of you fuckers ended up unhealthy, brain-damaged, neurotic, molested, or dead, THAT'S WHY PEOPLE DON'T DO THAT SHIT ANYMORE."
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Payne

Or could someone just screenshot it?

My 'Puter refuses to openthe bastarding thing.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Meh, there appear to be some valuable points there in my opinion... I think some people worry far too much about their safety, security and health and some of those people seem far too interested in making everyone freak out about their safety, security and health.

I went past my old school a few weeks ago, the merry go round, slide, teeter totter, and swings were all gone... they were "too dangerous".

Most kids were sitting on benches playing with handhelds.

Maybe that's better, I don't know.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

hooplala

I'm staggered that kids are in car seats until, like, 8 years old now!!  WTF?

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hoopla on April 03, 2008, 05:51:50 PM
I'm staggered that kids are in car seats until, like, 8 years old now!!  WTF?

Of course, its the LAWL

Cain

In the UK, they made it as law to have one of those booster seats until you are 10 or so.

Which lets face it, is pretty embarassing for a 10 year old.

I dont mind health and safety regs, but only for things where not having the common sense of a head lice would do you well in a dangerous situation.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on April 03, 2008, 07:01:53 PM
In the UK, they made it as law to have one of those booster seats until you are 10 or so.

Which lets face it, is pretty embarassing for a 10 year old.

I dont mind health and safety regs, but only for things where not having the common sense of a head lice would do you well in a dangerous situation.

Even then, I sometimes wonder if we're not interfering with natural selection  :fnord:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm kind of in favor of laws that reduce the childhood death rate.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on April 03, 2008, 08:38:23 PM
I'm kind of in favor of laws that reduce the childhood death rate.

I'm kind of in favor of laws that increase the childhood death rate. Oh wait, that's not right...

I am in favor of reducing dangers, lead paint etc... but at the point where recess is gameboy, because slides and swings are too dangerous... I think something may have gone wrong somewhere.