TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Predictions for 2011

Started by AFK, December 30, 2010, 01:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on February 01, 2011, 10:41:11 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 01, 2011, 09:14:54 PM
RWHN will be buried alive in snow.  Icey will claim it was magick. 

The snow storms will also continue every Tuesday and Wednesday until April.

Nope. But they did last for most of the month of February on Tuesday and Wednesdays.

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on February 01, 2011, 10:44:21 PM
And the universities will have to cancel spring break. I'll be hearing the backlash from pissed off 18 year olds that wanted to get crunk in Mexico.

This did not happen because the teacher's union kicked in, but the university was ready to do it. Extra days were tacked on to the end of my school year and finals were flipped all around so I had 2 huge ones on the same day. ~_~
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Xooxe

Quote from: Xooxe on July 14, 2011, 04:10:20 PM
Quote from: Xooxe on December 30, 2010, 06:14:37 PM
Automated CCTV facial recognition will be trialled in a major UK or US city using data bought from Facebook.

Perhaps that's a 2012 prediction, but I'm sticking with it as inevitable.

Getting warmer.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/07/surveillance-state-tactics-increasing-police-starting-to-use-facial-recognition-devices.html

Annnnnnnnnnnnd, apart from the Facebook info, here it is. Just in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsf1VhZ9L7c

(Okay, I cheated a bit. It's not proper facial recognition. Still, you'll have your every location tracked.) Now to wait for the algorithms that scan for BEHAVIOUR OF INTEREST.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Regret on January 04, 2011, 12:23:10 AM
Many governments around the world will raise taxes to get rid of their budget deficits; this will destroy the economy, many large companies will fail and their websites will shut down causing a total breakdown of the internet (don't believe me? imagine what happens when the top 5 search-engines, youtube, amazon and facebook are gone.)
Alternatively the governments won't raise taxes, and the needed budget cuts will destroy the economy; same results as above.

Everything that isn't produced in china or india will become more expensive but nowhere near as expensive as food will become.
You will not get a raise.
Shit, they're stalling. Now it will be worse! though i no longer believe it will happen before 2015, they'll just stall and stall and continue to keep the wound wet making the problem worse and worse. Even China will not escape the coming collapse.
You will still not get a raise.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Fujikoma

My prediction for 2011 is buy bitcoins you fuckwit! Wait, this advice is late, do not do this now.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube