News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Meyers-Briggs Personality Type

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 03, 2008, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

INTP
32 (29.6%)
INTJ
12 (11.1%)
INFP
13 (12%)
INFJ
4 (3.7%)
ISTP
2 (1.9%)
ISTJ
1 (0.9%)
ISFP
0 (0%)
ISFJ
0 (0%)
ENTP
12 (11.1%)
ENTJ
3 (2.8%)
ENFP
10 (9.3%)
ENFJ
1 (0.9%)
ESTP
0 (0%)
ESTJ
0 (0%)
ESFP
0 (0%)
ESFJ
1 (0.9%)
Meyers-Briggs is flawed / does not fit me.
5 (4.6%)
I hate polls.
3 (2.8%)
No idea.
7 (6.5%)
WOMP
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 03, 2008, 11:58:50 PM
Quote from: Netaungrot on April 03, 2008, 11:55:33 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 03, 2008, 11:54:31 PM
Hey Cram, you'll know this.  Whats the name of that effect where people selectively ignore the negative or erroneous stuff when their personality is being described?  You know, like with astrology and stuff?

The Forer Effect.

Thats it!

I just wanted to mention it, so people would keep it in mind.

I'm sortof torn on personality tests.  I find them fascinating, especially of people I've known a long time, but I'm also suspicious of them, especially if its only the person themselves who can see the resemblance.

I actually am amused partly because that description of INFJ was the most flattering one I've ever seen. It completely omitted the dictatorial, pigheaded, contrary, elitist, steamroller aspects of the personality type.

Then again, I almost imagine that each "type" would require a whole book for really substantive description, and like you, I'm not sure how much stock I put in the whole thing (except that I've consistently tested INFJ for years, and it does describe me fairly accurately... or at least, it describes how I see myself fairly accurately.)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iason Ouabache

I'm INTP which seems rather popular here.  This is the third or fourth time I've taken this and have always gotten INTP.  My T is a lot stronger than it used to be.

Who is the freak who is ESFJ?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Golden Applesauce

IIRC, INTPs make up about 1-2% of the general population.  We have 5.

It's been far to long since I've taken stats to tell if that is statistically significant or not.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on April 03, 2008, 09:45:15 PM
Curious if there are some personality types predisposed to Discordianism.

Why on Earth would you want to assign yourself a catagory?  We have the "government" for that.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

I'm pretty strongly an INTJ, but the description offered on this page http://similarminds.com/jung/intj.html is pretty suck and fail.

I much prefer this description http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/psychology/alt.psychology.personality/profiles/intj.html , which says I have the same personality type as Gandalf the Grey :)

Roo

Quote from: IasonOuabache on April 04, 2008, 01:51:08 AM

:wave:

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population.
Freak?

Vene

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 04, 2008, 02:36:55 AM

Why on Earth would you want to assign yourself a catagory?  We have the "government" for that.

Curiosity.
And don't we place ourselves in a category when we label ourselves as Discordian?

Chairman Risus

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Roo on April 04, 2008, 02:44:57 AM

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population.
Freak?

:lulz: Roo = Black Swan.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

One of the things that I enjoy about the "Discordian" label is that the definition of "Discordian" is really fucking hard to nail down.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vene on April 04, 2008, 02:45:41 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 04, 2008, 02:36:55 AM

Curiosity.
And don't we place ourselves in a category when we label ourselves as Discordian?

Maybe you do.

TGRR,
Subgenius superior mutant, slumming with the Discordians.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Roo on April 04, 2008, 02:44:57 AM

Freak?

Freak.

Vene

Quote from: Nigel on April 04, 2008, 02:57:22 AM
One of the things that I enjoy about the "Discordian" label is that the definition of "Discordian" is really fucking hard to nail down.
Yep.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 04, 2008, 03:00:36 AM

Maybe you do.

TGRR,
Subgenius superior mutant, slumming with the Discordians.
I didn't know that the words "superior" and "Subgenius" could be used in the same sentence.  And I don't think this one applies.

But I forgive ya :wink: