News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Meyers-Briggs Personality Type

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 03, 2008, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

INTP
32 (29.6%)
INTJ
12 (11.1%)
INFP
13 (12%)
INFJ
4 (3.7%)
ISTP
2 (1.9%)
ISTJ
1 (0.9%)
ISFP
0 (0%)
ISFJ
0 (0%)
ENTP
12 (11.1%)
ENTJ
3 (2.8%)
ENFP
10 (9.3%)
ENFJ
1 (0.9%)
ESTP
0 (0%)
ESTJ
0 (0%)
ESFP
0 (0%)
ESFJ
1 (0.9%)
Meyers-Briggs is flawed / does not fit me.
5 (4.6%)
I hate polls.
3 (2.8%)
No idea.
7 (6.5%)
WOMP
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on January 04, 2011, 06:16:33 PM
Quote from: The Poster With No Name on January 04, 2011, 04:36:40 PM
Introverts have more fun.  This is tautologically provable by any psychologist.  In fact, that's why introverts need more time off on their own, because they have so much fun they power down and need to recharge.

I am proof positive of that. I challenge any motherfucker to a fun contest. TO THE DEATH.

Phox  will accept this challenge.  :fap:

Epimetheus

I looked into it a bit, and found that out of the four functions Sensing, iNtuitive, Thinking and Feeling, one tends to be dominant and supported by the others in order of their dominance, as well as supported by the Introverted or Extraverted attitudes.

In my case, this means Extraverted Intuition. The descriptions of this I've found online are quite accurate. This is probably more the Forer effect at work than anything else, but I advise you guys to look into your MBT a little deeper and see if it rings true.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

AFK

Mine's ESPN.

Did I do that joke already? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Yes.

Mine is...

Wait for it....

LMNO.  

:rimshot::1fap:

Cramulus

Triple Zero

Quote from: Risus on January 04, 2011, 03:34:22 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on January 04, 2011, 03:29:06 AM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on January 04, 2011, 12:39:14 AM
Oops, i almost forgot every system of characterisation is inherently bad.

BTW, I'd like to remind people to refer to me with the terms 'em' and 'hir' to avoid being gender typecast.

Ah, but they are incredibly useful in certain ways!

if you take a personality test like the MBTI repeatedly over the years, you can document -- in very specific and internally consistent ways -- how your personality changes over time

systems that have more dynamic characterizations, like Leary's Interpersonal Circumplex, are really helpful for describing group behaviors

http://artofmemetics.com/memetics/page29.html
http://artofmemetics.com/memetics/page55.html

Or, more accurately, who you think you are over time. The test is flawed like that.

Well, yes, but also, no. Because what you think your personality is, is not only a clouded image of what your personality actually is, but it's also part of your personality. So maybe you won't get the entire picture, but at least it's got a strange loop in it, and that's beautiful.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

STFU

If you can be described by 4 digits, you're not a person.  You're half a byte.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 10, 2011, 03:56:34 PM
STFU

If you can be described by 4 digits independent witnesses, you're not a person.  You're half a byte   Famous.  a Convict. 
Fixt.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Doktor Howl

Think for yourself, but first please classify yourself according to this system so we know what you should be thinking for yourself.
Molon Lube

Bruno

I had a career counselor give me this test once. It was about as helpful as one of those fb tests that tell you what kind of pizza you are.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on June 23, 2018, 07:01:35 AM
I had a career counselor give me this test once. It was about as helpful as one of those fb tests that tell you what kind of pizza you are.

I had an employer ask me to take it.  I intentionally made my answers cancel each other out.  I took that damn test 3 times, and he finally gave up.

Dok,
Has no personality.
Molon Lube

minuspace

Administering the test to oneself repeatedly over time increases sample size to an extent that rivals the accuracy of a double-blind experiment, sources say.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on June 23, 2018, 08:11:37 AM
Administering the test to oneself repeatedly over time increases sample size to an extent that rivals the accuracy of a double-blind experiment, sources say.

Okay.
Molon Lube

LMNO

The best it can do, IMO, is tell you the kind of person you THINK you are, or WANT to be.

Which is about as useful as astrology.

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 23, 2018, 07:22:10 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on June 23, 2018, 07:01:35 AM

I had an employer ask me to take it.  I intentionally made my answers cancel each other out.  I took that damn test 3 times, and he finally gave up.

Dok,
Has no personality.

:lulz:

I remember taking it for the first time when I was still a teenager. I think it came out INFP or something. I've taken it several times in the 20 something years since that first time, and the only letter that has always stayed the same is the I. I couldn't even tell you what any of the other letters even mean, but I know the 'I' means I don't like people. I didn't need a test for that.

In other news, I am a Hawaiian pizza with anchovies.
Formerly something else...