News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Meyers-Briggs Personality Type

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 03, 2008, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

INTP
32 (29.6%)
INTJ
12 (11.1%)
INFP
13 (12%)
INFJ
4 (3.7%)
ISTP
2 (1.9%)
ISTJ
1 (0.9%)
ISFP
0 (0%)
ISFJ
0 (0%)
ENTP
12 (11.1%)
ENTJ
3 (2.8%)
ENFP
10 (9.3%)
ENFJ
1 (0.9%)
ESTP
0 (0%)
ESTJ
0 (0%)
ESFP
0 (0%)
ESFJ
1 (0.9%)
Meyers-Briggs is flawed / does not fit me.
5 (4.6%)
I hate polls.
3 (2.8%)
No idea.
7 (6.5%)
WOMP
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Capeditiea

The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.

Vanadium Gryllz

While I would tend to agree with the prevailing sentiment that the test can only tell you how you think you are...

The spread of self-reported types for the forum is pretty interesting.

Discordianism - no Sensors allowed!  :angrymob:

I have tested pretty consistently as INTP over the years, with T and P trending more towards F and J over time as I have become less of a self-consumed asshat.
I think that those people who take the test and cling to the result (and I was one of them for a while) are just uncomfortable in who they are and the box of MBTI gives them some self-definition.

Being able to hit the middle point of a few of the categories or adapt based on circumstance seems to the healthiest mode of being.

EDIT: I also think that the more you read about the methodology of the test it becomes pretty easy to figure out which questions are trying to place you on which scale and that makes repeating it a bit of a farce.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

minuspace

:horrormirth:
Quote from: LMNO on June 23, 2018, 05:51:22 PM
The best it can do, IMO, is tell you the kind of person you THINK you are, or WANT to be.

Which is about as useful as astrology.
Or, I want to think that who I think I want to be is the same as who I think I want to want to be.

Cramulus

Huh, my results have actually wavered in the last few years, which is interesting.

Like 2 years ago, I took the test and got INTP
and a year before that, the same, INTP

I thought that was what I always was... but then I checked my posts in this thread, and saw I used to regularly get marked as ENTP.
Took the test again this morning.. got another ENTP.

I think it's interesting because I can intuitively sense that my social habits have changed since college, but I'm not entirely sure how. I used to be a lot more extroverted and have sort of slid into a more introverted, isolated lifestyle. But on this mornings' test, I scored pretty close to the cross-over between E and I.

Just want to mention - I don't think the Meyers Briggs is an inherently useful tool. But taking the same test periodically can be a helpful way to analyze the ways you change over time.

A correlary would be like -- the number of times you can skip rope. It's not a good be-all-end-all measurement for physical fitness. But if you took a rope-skipping test every year, you'd see trends emerge over time, and there may be an interesting story there.

for later:

Extroverted (E) 54.29% Introverted (I) 45.71%
Intuitive (N) 63.41% Sensing (S) 36.59%
Thinking (T) 63.64% Feeling (F) 36.36%
Perceiving (P) 72.73% Judging (J) 27.27%

Fujikoma

I do occassionally score INTP, this isn't especially weird, because it hinges on a single varialble, thinking vs. feeling. I know what I usually score, and, the description of an INFP is, a pretty accurate description of me. I'm much more inclined to buy the INFP description because there's no way in hell Einstein and I have much in common, besides wearing other people's shoes.

Al Qədic

INTP-A. 71% Introverted, 60% intuitive, 57% thinking, 60% prospecting, 58% assertive. Apparently, I'm among the likes of Neo and Newton. The last time I took this, years ago, I got ISFP-A. Fun.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Fujikoma

INTPs are the only tolerable NTs, so rejoice.

Doktor Howl

I cannot be described in 4 letters.

I cannot be described at all.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 04, 2019, 01:27:57 AM

Does "Whatever the fuck a Doktor Hamish Howl is" count as description?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on April 04, 2019, 01:30:32 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 04, 2019, 01:27:57 AM

Does "Whatever the fuck a Doktor Hamish Howl is" count as description?

It's the closest you can get without Enochian, and has the added advantage of your eyes not bleeding.
Molon Lube

altered

Ha! Joke's on those Enochians, I don't even have eyes!
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.