News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Meyers-Briggs Personality Type

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 03, 2008, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

INTP
32 (29.6%)
INTJ
12 (11.1%)
INFP
13 (12%)
INFJ
4 (3.7%)
ISTP
2 (1.9%)
ISTJ
1 (0.9%)
ISFP
0 (0%)
ISFJ
0 (0%)
ENTP
12 (11.1%)
ENTJ
3 (2.8%)
ENFP
10 (9.3%)
ENFJ
1 (0.9%)
ESTP
0 (0%)
ESTJ
0 (0%)
ESFP
0 (0%)
ESFJ
1 (0.9%)
Meyers-Briggs is flawed / does not fit me.
5 (4.6%)
I hate polls.
3 (2.8%)
No idea.
7 (6.5%)
WOMP
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Chairman Risus

Quote from: IasonOuabache on April 04, 2008, 11:35:52 PM
Ok, I decided to do a more detailed breakdown:

26 Ns
19 *NT*s
19 *N*Ps
14 *NTPs
16 IN**s
13 INT*s
5   fnords  :fnord:
6 7 assholes who didn't want to play along
1 freak (Roo)

I don't know if you'll find something that may point more towards discordianism, but maybe different kinds of the posters we have here.
See if you can go back and find out who fell into what category and see if there are similarities between those posters, or try to connect it to Cain's AoS/Chaotician* types or similar ideas.

* http://www.poee.co.uk/site/content/view/96/1/ 

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 04, 2008, 11:15:05 PM
Golden Applesauce, are you reading the Art of Memetics?

I ask because one of the excersizes they give at the end of a chapter is to go take a Meyers-Briggs Personality test.

I downloaded it, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.  Probably will this weekend, unless I devour my roommate's Neal Stephenson collection.

My personality type is nearly perfectly consistently and strongly an INTP whenever I test.  As far as why we have so many INTPs and people who are one step away from INTP the best explanation I can think of is that INTPs tend to gravitate towards each other, and that the whole notion of the BIP fits pretty well with people whose world is mostly internal.

I use the personality profiles as a starting point for introspection.  Some things fit me, others don't - but having a set of characteristics in front of me to think about can definitely help, especially when identifying weaknesses.  The other thing it lets you do is read self-descriptions by other people who might think similarly to you; they might vocalize something that you know is true about yourself but couldn't quite pin down.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Golden Applesauce

This just came to me -

Can anyone think of a way to take a personality profile of a group?  Not as a collection of individuals, but more of an "emergent group personality" or something.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Lies

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on April 05, 2008, 02:27:27 AM
This just came to me -

Can anyone think of a way to take a personality profile of a group?  Not as a collection of individuals, but more of an "emergent group personality" or something.

Are you trying to put the discordian movement into a box?  :lulz:
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That would be an interesting project.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Lies

For sure. You guys can do it. I'm going to stand aside and laugh.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Cainad (dec.)

Well, we know for certain that Idem fits in a box. Ask Payne.

Payne

In Soviet Russia, Discordia puts YOU in a box

Cain

This just came to me -

Its an interesting idea.

In theory, it would seem to be possible.  I mean, if you could define the emergent personality or egregore (however the fuck its spelt) or the memeplex or whatever.

I know Leary came up with an interpersonal tool for analyzing the relationship within groups, so this would seem to be the next logical step.

Cain

Quote from: keeper entropic on April 05, 2008, 01:34:51 AM
Quote from: IasonOuabache on April 04, 2008, 11:35:52 PM
Ok, I decided to do a more detailed breakdown:

26 Ns
19 *NT*s
19 *N*Ps
14 *NTPs
16 IN**s
13 INT*s
5   fnords  :fnord:
6 7 assholes who didn't want to play along
1 freak (Roo)

I don't know if you'll find something that may point more towards discordianism, but maybe different kinds of the posters we have here.
See if you can go back and find out who fell into what category and see if there are similarities between those posters, or try to connect it to Cain's AoS/Chaotician* types or similar ideas.

* http://www.poee.co.uk/site/content/view/96/1/ 

Or indeed Roger's first heresy types.

Cramulus

This just came to me -

I think the way to do this would be to have a bunch of people take the test as if they are the whole PD forums. Then we average the results.

How to accomplish that - I do not know. Maybe take the averages of the %s?

did that make sense?

Idem

Triple Zero

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 05, 2008, 06:02:54 PM
Quote from: Golden Applesauce on April 05, 2008, 02:27:27 AMThis just came to me -

I think the way to do this would be to have a bunch of people take the test as if they are the whole PD forums. Then we average the results.

How to accomplish that - I do not know. Maybe take the averages of the %s?

did that make sense?

i think i'd first check what someone who has studies sociology thinks of it, preferably a smart one that's also has eaten the cheese of statistics, because making tests to figure stuff out like this is really an art. and i hate going through effort without being as effective as possible.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Payne

ATTN: INFP's

I HAET YOU ALL. PLEASE TO MOVE TO ANOTHER BOX.

My only concession is DaveDim (oh so DIM!) who I have yet to meet in a drinking competition. I will kill him with my alcohol prowess.

Nast

While I think it's hard to define in percents, I do think that it's possible to identify the "personality" of a group. For example, as a whole, the collective personality of this site is a far different than say, the Martha Stewart Online Forums.  :roll:
The personality is influenced by the culture of the place, and the culture is influenced by the personality of the place.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."