News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Meyers-Briggs Personality Type

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 03, 2008, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

INTP
32 (29.6%)
INTJ
12 (11.1%)
INFP
13 (12%)
INFJ
4 (3.7%)
ISTP
2 (1.9%)
ISTJ
1 (0.9%)
ISFP
0 (0%)
ISFJ
0 (0%)
ENTP
12 (11.1%)
ENTJ
3 (2.8%)
ENFP
10 (9.3%)
ENFJ
1 (0.9%)
ESTP
0 (0%)
ESTJ
0 (0%)
ESFP
0 (0%)
ESFJ
1 (0.9%)
Meyers-Briggs is flawed / does not fit me.
5 (4.6%)
I hate polls.
3 (2.8%)
No idea.
7 (6.5%)
WOMP
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Kurt Christ

Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Jenne

I like how I'm STILL The only ENFJ.  Whateverthefuck that means.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Fredamir Putin on April 04, 2008, 07:23:02 AM
i always read the title of this thread as "Taye Diggs"

I DID IT AGAIN

STOP DISAPPOINTING ME THREAD

THREAD NEEDS MOAR TAYE DIGGS

:fap: :fap: :fap:

Freeky

THAT MAN IS NAKED! IN THE POOL!  :aaa: :aaa: :aaa:

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

Doktor Howl

ENTJ  - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

So I'm a control freak.  Who knew?   :lol:
Molon Lube

rong

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 07, 2010, 05:10:03 AM
ENTJ  - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

i'm an ENTJ too - i think this is largely contributes to dissappointment in others.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: rong on February 07, 2010, 05:23:30 AM

i'm an ENTJ too - i think this is largely contributes to dissappointment in others.

In what way?
Molon Lube

Freeky

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

Jenne

Quote from: Jenne on February 07, 2010, 03:11:24 AM
I like how I'm STILL The only ENFJ.  Whateverthefuck that means.

Well, the upshot, I'm "touchy feely" but with "dark thoughts" when alone and "sometimes self-sacrificing,"

QuoteIn general, ENFJs are charming, warm, gracious, creative and diverse individuals with richly developed insights into what makes other people tick. This special ability to see growth potential in others combined with a genuine drive to help people makes the ENFJ a truly valued individual. As giving and caring as the ENFJ is, they need to remember to value their own needs as well as the needs of others.

President Television

I got INTP. I'm skeptical as to the accuracy of this test, but the description does suit me for the most part:
Quoteloner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, wrestles with the meaninglessness of existence, likes esoteric things, disorganized, messy, likes science fiction, can be lonely, observer, private, can't describe feelings easily, detached, likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside, skeptical, acts without consulting others, does not think they are weird but others do, socially uncomfortable, abrupt, fantasy prone, does not like happy people, appreciates strangeness, frequently loses things, acts without planning, guarded, not punctual, more likely to support marijuana legalization, not prone to compromise, hard to persuade, relies on mind more than on others, calm

Then again, I've heard that these things have similarities to cold reading, and I've found myself similarly close to descriptions for ISFPs and INFPs. I don't think the result is a specific definition of who one is as a person so much as something roughly akin to a probability cloud. Also, it should be considered that people are different from one moment to the next. Still, that description is an almost perfect summary of my personality. I couldn't describe myself that well.

EDIT: Though I must note that these near-perfect descriptions trouble me, because they remind me of every Emo Teen cliche ever.

EDIT EDIT:
Quotefavored careers:
philosopher, game designer, scientist, software engineer, freelance artist, research scientist, ASSASSIN, freelance writer, physicist, software developer, mathmetician, geologist, computer scientist, philosophy professor, webmaster, SLACKER, medical researcher, painter, mortician, systems analyst, comic book artist, computer technician, website designer, scholar, archeologist, computer repair, forensic anthropologist, ASTRONAUT, researcher, historian, systems engineer, genetics researcher, astronomer, enviromental scientist, egyptologist
FUCK. YES.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

rong

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 07, 2010, 05:24:14 AM
Quote from: rong on February 07, 2010, 05:23:30 AM

as a "Field Marshall" you quickly learn that people can't think for themselves and can't follow directions either.

In what way?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't remember if I've posted in this thread but I've always tested at an INFJ. The "Confidant" AKA the "Protector".

The descriptions I've read are pretty accurate for me. It's also allegedly the rarest of the personality types.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Lies

heh...
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!