News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Meyers-Briggs Personality Type

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 03, 2008, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

INTP
32 (29.6%)
INTJ
12 (11.1%)
INFP
13 (12%)
INFJ
4 (3.7%)
ISTP
2 (1.9%)
ISTJ
1 (0.9%)
ISFP
0 (0%)
ISFJ
0 (0%)
ENTP
12 (11.1%)
ENTJ
3 (2.8%)
ENFP
10 (9.3%)
ENFJ
1 (0.9%)
ESTP
0 (0%)
ESTJ
0 (0%)
ESFP
0 (0%)
ESFJ
1 (0.9%)
Meyers-Briggs is flawed / does not fit me.
5 (4.6%)
I hate polls.
3 (2.8%)
No idea.
7 (6.5%)
WOMP
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Requia ☣

Apparently I have INTP, along with about a third the forum.

Interesting in that so many of us have that, especially since I was INTJ when I took this a few years ago. 
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Requia ☣

QuoteThe INTP may have a problem with self-aggrandizement and social rebellion

Ah, that explains it.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

President Television

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 07, 2010, 06:38:20 AM
QuoteThe INTP may have a problem with self-aggrandizement and social rebellion

Ah, that explains it.

:lulz:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Salty

This is what an INFP looks like, apparently. Well, other than like me.
I found an INFP forum once...buncha pussies.

Alty,
feel guilty for saying that.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on February 07, 2010, 05:31:54 PM

This is what an INFP looks like, apparently. Well, other than like me.
I found an INFP forum once...buncha pussies.

Alty,
feel guilty for saying that.

I remember the INFP forum, and it made me go  :?

Who the hell joins a forum to talk about their Meyers-Briggs test results? That's just weird.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's too bad there isn't a Kruger-Dunning effect forum.

Oh wait. TCC.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 07, 2010, 05:50:49 PM
It's too bad there isn't a Kruger-Dunning effect forum.

Oh wait. TCC.

:lulz: :lulz:

The INTJ forum was full of strange types too. There's something incredibly unhealthy about interpreting everything through not just the lens of a personality test, but also a single result of that test. Basically they read the descriptions of every online Myers-Briggs article or test result (there seem to be a half dozen or so that one can easily find through google; they kept quoting the same ones), and defined themselves and their interactions based on those descriptions. So weird.

Salty

I don't find it weird at all. Many people actively seek boxes to shove themselves into so they can rest easy "knowing" they belong somewhere. Top 40 music comes to mind. "Oh, I only listen to country/eat organic/use apple cider vinigar." No, you listen to the one radio station/etc. that agees with your pre-packaged sensibilities so you feel snug and safe.

If that box is backed with science (or pseudoscience that sounds compelling), all the better. Any veneer of authenticity. 
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Alty on February 07, 2010, 06:15:18 PM
I don't find it weird at all. Many people actively seek boxes to shove themselves into so they can rest easy "knowing" they belong somewhere. Top 40 music comes to mind. "Oh, I only listen to country/eat organic/use apple cider vinigar." No, you listen to the one radio station/etc. that agees with your pre-packaged sensibilities so you feel snug and safe.

If that box is backed with science (or pseudoscience that sounds compelling), all the better. Any veneer of authenticity. 

I guess I've spent so much time running away screaming from any box I find myself settling into that I've forgotten how comfortable they can be when you don't think there's anything wrong with them.

Nast

I don't need a personality test to tell me that I'm a total bitch.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Rumckle

Quote from: Fredamir Putin on February 07, 2010, 08:17:02 PM
im a TMNT
:lulz:

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on February 07, 2010, 06:05:32 AM
Quotefavored careers:
philosopher, game designer, scientist, software engineer, freelance artist, research scientist, ASSASSIN, freelance writer, physicist, software developer, mathmetician, geologist, computer scientist, philosophy professor, webmaster, SLACKER, medical researcher, painter, mortician, systems analyst, comic book artist, computer technician, website designer, scholar, archeologist, computer repair, forensic anthropologist, ASTRONAUT, researcher, historian, systems engineer, genetics researcher, astronomer, enviromental scientist, egyptologist
FUCK. YES.

Heh, I missed slacker when I first saw that list.

Also, what makes and egyptologist different to any other anthropologist/historian/archeologist?
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

President Television

Quote from: Rumckle on February 07, 2010, 08:22:53 PM
Heh, I missed slacker when I first saw that list.

Also, what makes and egyptologist different to any other anthropologist/historian/archeologist?

I think the difference would be that they specialize in Egypt. It's like the difference between a physician and a cardiologist.