News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

The Nietzsche Family Circus

Started by atrasicarius, April 04, 2008, 04:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atrasicarius

http://www.losanjealous.com/nfc/
It takes a random family circus cartoon and pairs it up with a random Nietzsche quote :lulz:
"The only things that are infinite are the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Idem

And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

WTF I would have posted that here but I assumed it would be repost as fuck. that's been my default site on my laptop for a year and a half.

I gotta get more proactive.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Apikoros II

I'm with Nigel. There was also one for awhile with the Family circus and pedophile captions. Was odd. Everyone has been to the Superman is a Dick website right? http://www.superdickery.com/galleries.html I laughed all day! and Night.
I also believe that everything is false, even that statement and the one above it. Also, when you look into the abyss the abyss looks into you. Heck, the abyss sometimes winks and once it gave me the finger.

Cain

Yeah, that is a fairly awesome site.

AFK

sidebar:

First, good find.

Now the sidebar, apparently back in the day when Gary Larson was doing Far Side, there was an episode where one of the papers he submitted the comic to royally screwed up and mixed up the Far Side caption with the Family Circus caption.  It was absolutely hilarious, cause if I recall, it was one of his more dark humor inspired toons.  Anyway, it's in his big retrospective book if you want to check it out. 

As you were. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That intrigued me so I had to try to find the cartoons; I wasn't able to find the images but I did find the descriptions, which made me lol: http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=637570
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

OFUK, that's right, it was Dennis the Menace.  My bad. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

atrasicarius

QuoteDennis the Menace illustration: Dennis and his parents are sitting down eating dinner. Dennis looks up at his mother and speaks.
Mismatched caption: I see your little, petrified skull...labeled and resting on a shelf somewhere
:mittens:
"The only things that are infinite are the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Cramulus

and if I recall correctly, the Dennis the Meanace comic had Dennis looking dissapointed at dinner and saying "Oh man, not gerbils again!"

Kurt Christ

The great epochs of our life come when we gain the courage to rechristen our evil as what is best in us.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Idem

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My advice to everybody: make it your home page. Every time you turn on the computer you'll have something to think about.

I kind of wish someone would do it with Anais Nin and Bloom County.

Kimmy Gibbler

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
KIMMY GIBBLER:  SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS