News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Reccommendations for cook top

Started by Elder Iptuous, April 18, 2009, 02:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Why would you have to? If it's hardlined and you put in an inside shutoff, you shouldn't have to mess with it except when you're switching it out.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

you missed the part where I said I was using some scrap copper line and a blue Rhino tank, huh?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I read what you said, I was making recommendations for anyone else who wanted to use propane, for hardlining it through the wall.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I hate my gas stove. It's a piece of shit.

It's so bad, in fact, that Richter named it "Amelia Earhart" because the pilot is always out.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

first, check to make sure it's not sitting right where you have a heavy draft.

if there's not a bad draft there, check under the burners to make sure that the tubes that feed the gas from the burner to the pilot (allowing the gas to backlight and set off the burners) are in good shape. If they're rusted out and have holes in them, that will channel any slight air current right to the pilot and frequently make it go out.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Oh it's a rusted piece of shit. Eventually I will ask the landlords for a new one, but the hookup on the wall is antiquated, so we could be fucked.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

installing a new hookup is pretty easy. Don't let your landlord use that as any sort of excuse.

Sir Squid Diddimus

i had an electric coil doodad stove when i moved in but it kept shocking me so i asked the landlord for a new one.
i got a flat top. this one.

i hope he didn't pay much for it.
it gets the job done but it isn't fantastic.
HOWEVER it doesn't shock me when i turn the knob or grab the handle on my skillet, so i can't complain.
it cooks fine enough once you get used to the heat controls and the oven is nice.

i miss gas. i had it in an apartment years and years ago.