News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

The Joy and Zen that is Free Lunch

Started by AFK, April 04, 2008, 06:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Conditional love is such a dirty thing.

AFK

My Director leaving the Agency has lead to copius amounts of Free Lunch this week.  Yesterday, we all went to DiMillo's in Portland.  It's called the Floating Restaurant because it's actually on this big boat.  Honestly, it's vastly overrated, but when it's on the Agency's dime, it's worth it.  Also we ate out on the deck of the boat yesterday, overlooking the ocean, with a nice gentle breeze.  Fuck, how can you beat having a free two hour lunch AND getting paid for it.  I love working for this agency. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I think I've eaten there, after a few of us went to a Mastering Studio up in Maine.

Food was kinda poor, but the view wasn't too bad.

AFK

Yeah, I certainly would never go there if I had to pay for the food.  I'm not a big seafood fan so I ordered a Cheeseburger.  It was okay, not the worst I've had, but certainly not the best either. 

Richter

Last Friday fate chained together very well for the pursuit of eating without paying.

Breakfast - Payday, hence Brian the Manager bought pastry for everyone

Lunch - Ryan the Supervisor's last day, hence pizza and cake

Dinner - parents and sister drop by bearing pizza

Overall money spent that day on food: $0.  8)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

ZOMG! The Free Lunch Trifecta.  Noice!  Good work!

Richter

This weekend's score: 3/4 lb. of fresh caught tuna, provided by a buddy who fishes :mrgreen:

Served some as sushi, cut the rest into small steaks which I rubbed with pepper and lime juice before searing in sesame oil. :mrgreen:
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

AFK

Well, I was lined up for a free lunch buffet at the Golf Tournament.  But golfers are fucking slow and so lunch was not to begin until 1 PM.  Plus there was nothing else for me to do, so I bailed.  However the free Coffee and Bagels were quite glorious. 

Richter

Delicious treked across Boston to one of the few "Popeye's" locations in the state.  Lunch is his donation of 2 pieces of joyous bowel destruction. 

AFK

Good News:  Free Filet Mignon on Sept. 20th
Bad news:  It will be at a wedding in Vermont. 

LMNO

AFK

LMNO

AFK

LMNO