News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

A way to think about numbers

Started by 666, February 08, 2013, 01:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

I can't tell what the tone is here, again.
if i was offensive, or just a bore, i need to be hit over the head with a hammer. i'm kind of dense that way sometimes, and i thought we were having a discussion.  (more interesting than the numerology, too)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on February 08, 2013, 06:33:04 PM
I can't tell what the tone is here, again.
if i was offensive, or just a bore, i need to be hit over the head with a hammer. i'm kind of dense that way sometimes, and i thought we were having a discussion.  (more interesting than the numerology, too)

The tone is that you're correct.  That wasn't butthurt, you were simply correct about him being able to create his own purpose.  I mean, that WAS my argument, right?

:lulz:

It's just that I have precisely zero interest in speaking with someone who thinks "42" is a "purpose".  Either the person is profoundly damaged in some way, or is an asshat pinealist.

On the other hand, we've ran off sideways with that person's thread, and I think I should stop...Just because he's a nutter or a moron doesn't mean we should jack his thread.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

meh... he can ask for a split to preserve the dignity of his thread, if he wishes.
and i apologize to you, 666, for the jack.

AFK

Quote from: 666 on February 08, 2013, 01:39:40 AM
Sometimes, to provoke more indepth thoughts with something I'll see a number or a shape, or objects and I'll count them quickly and register it with this meaning full list.

0 - Nothing, Off
1 - Unity, Singularity, Consciousness, On
2 - Disassociate, Separation, Duality
3 - Truth  :fnord:
4 - The Bigger Picture
5 - Protection
6 - Life, Carbon
7 - Significance
8 - Infinity "Nothing ( 0 ), with a twist( 8 )", life and sun worshiping
9 - Down side up six (anti life), Fluorine, Evolution, War, Conspiracy

Some of it makes sense.

You know, the interesting thing about 3, and truth, is that in research, particularly social research, if you can support an assertion or concept through triangulation, you are basically considered to have established a "truth".  Generally it means using three different kinds of research techniques.  (e.g. - surveys, focus groups, and literature review).

So I think your association is pretty appropriate.

And I'm not thinking it is synesthesia, and probably more likely assiciations you've accumulated over the years.  Kind of like I tend to associate certain smells or sounds with certain thoughts or feelings, it's because the first time I smelled that smell, or heard that sound, or that song, a certain occurrence, well, occurred.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.