News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

mainstream rant #36: The Gen X Nuclear Option

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, April 08, 2008, 06:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

His lead will be very small, especially against Obama.  Both can fight for the independent voters, but will be offset by the Religious Right/disgruntled Hillary supporters, making it rather hard to call.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 14, 2008, 12:59:01 PM
His lead will be very small, especially against Obama.  Both can fight for the independent voters, but will be offset by the Religious Right/disgruntled Hillary supporters, making it rather hard to call.

Yeah, some ditz on GLP was whining that if Hillary wasn't given the "respect" of getting first refusal of the VP slot, that her followers shouldn't vote.

American Democracy:  The idea that the common folk know what's best for them, and deserve to get it good and hard.

TGRR,
Approves of this, of course.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Its a common feeling, at least among the idiots of the internet.  Many people involved the DailyKos walkout also said if Obama won they would not vote in the election for him, because of his supporters.

And naturally, the McCain supporters are loving this, and have been make subtle statements to the Clinton crowd, implying that they went through the same thing with Ron Paul, and playing it sympathetic.  Obvious ploy is obvious, but the sentiments seem to be spreading.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 15, 2008, 04:15:12 AM
Its a common feeling, at least among the idiots of the internet.  Many people involved the DailyKos walkout also said if Obama won they would not vote in the election for him, because of his supporters.

And naturally, the McCain supporters are loving this, and have been make subtle statements to the Clinton crowd, implying that they went through the same thing with Ron Paul, and playing it sympathetic.  Obvious ploy is obvious, but the sentiments seem to be spreading.

I love this decade.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

fucking ridiculous. it's obvious to me that if anyone has any moral justification (if you believe in such a thing) for purposely voting against the winner of the primary, it's whoever is supporting a candidate that wins by every imaginable measure and still loses the nomination because of party insiders.

if your person loses after trying to steal the nomination through bullshit tactics, and you get pissed off about it enough to vote against the person who won by real votes, then you're a cock sprocket and that's all there is to it.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: vexati0n on April 15, 2008, 04:26:23 AM
fucking ridiculous. it's obvious to me that if anyone has any moral justification (if you believe in such a thing) for purposely voting against the winner of the primary, it's whoever is supporting a candidate that wins by every imaginable measure and still loses the nomination because of party insiders.

if your person loses after trying to steal the nomination through bullshit tactics, and you get pissed off about it enough to vote against the person who won by real votes, then you're a cock sprocket and that's all there is to it.

Um.

Welcome to Fat City.

tyrannosaurus vex

Is the Horrible Troof the only truly immutable thing in the universe?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: vexati0n on April 15, 2008, 04:43:39 AM

Yes.  It is also the only thing worth having, and the one thing that's damn near impossible to get.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2008, 04:52:11 AM
Quote from: vexati0n on April 15, 2008, 04:43:39 AM

Yes.  It is also the only thing worth having, and the one thing that's damn near impossible to get.

Preach It Brother!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson