News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Hail Eris!

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, April 08, 2008, 08:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I have been at this company for 9+ years. I have never gotten a promotion and my reviews have been average.

Early last year I started spending large amounts of my work time here...

I received a 5% pay raise at my mid-year review (we never get raises at mid-year). I just had my annual review, got another raise, a promotion (with a raise) and I'm apparently now eligible for bonuses every six months based on the performance of the company. My manager had nothing but gushing words of praise.

Obviously, hanging out at PD.com makes me a better employee.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Shaman Yacatismic

Maybe he's secretly a Discordian....or an avowed Discordian pretending not to be one.
Shaman Yacatismic
Chaosopher, Whichdokta, Calmneesar
And Grand Poobah of the Twain Cabals:
Holy Temple of the Wandering Road Cone
and
The Commissarat Cabal

Faust

well done, but also /livejournal
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Faust on April 09, 2008, 02:49:42 AM

Oh, I are fail and lose 20 internets... feel free to move this  :fnord:

Triple Zero

congrats, Rat!

but yes, Apple Talk is a more proper place for sharing stuff like this :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 08, 2008, 08:58:02 PM
I have been at this company for 9+ years. I have never gotten a promotion and my reviews have been average.

I received a 5% pay raise at my mid-year review (we never get raises at mid-year). I just had my annual review, got another raise, a promotion (with a raise) and I'm apparently now eligible for bonuses every six months based on the performance of the company. My manager had nothing but gushing words of praise.

Naw.  Here's how it is:

He now has the goods on you.  He no longer has to hold you down, because the moment you become a threat to him, he gets you fired based on company internet practices.

Welcome to your new life as whatever the hell your boss tells you to be.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Troof.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it was my interest in Discordianism that made it so I was the one who was downsized in my Retail Hell job, instead of the nice straight-laced, never-questioning, god-fearing, 50-year old woman. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 14, 2008, 12:29:24 AM

Naw.  Here's how it is:

He now has the goods on you.  He no longer has to hold you down, because the moment you become a threat to him, he gets you fired based on company internet practices.

Hahaha :lulz:

Actually, both my manager and director were demands... we told Management that either these two people would get the promotions or we'd leave. They are both a very useful net to deflect the political shitstorm that is Corporate America.

Faust

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 09, 2008, 03:48:59 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 09, 2008, 02:49:42 AM

Oh, I are fail and lose 20 internets... feel free to move this  :fnord:

sorry, wasn't trying to be pedantic, just commenting on it is all.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 14, 2008, 01:54:09 PM
Troof.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it was my interest in Discordianism that made it so I was the one who was downsized in my Retail Hell job, instead of the nice straight-laced, never-questioning, god-fearing, 50-year old woman. 

NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU GRIN.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 14, 2008, 04:21:43 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 14, 2008, 12:29:24 AM

Naw.  Here's how it is:

Hahaha :lulz:

Actually, both my manager and director were demands... we told Management that either these two people would get the promotions or we'd leave. They are both a very useful net to deflect the political shitstorm that is Corporate America.

And you get what for this?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2008, 04:14:29 AM
And you get what for this?

I get to spend somewhere between 6 and 8 hours a day Monday through Friday, making enough money to enjoy the rest of the week... without the headache of dealing with politics. Compared to other office type jobs, its a pretty good gig. This job came pre-filled with Slack. I can dress the way I like, show up when I like, work on what I want, for the most part... and my manager and director mostly leave me entirely alone. At the end of the day though, I'm still on the look out for a better option... hopefully one that doesn't involve a corporation or computers.

Jenne

Sounds like a cool job to me.