News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Laughter is Salvation

Started by Shaman Yacatismic, April 08, 2008, 10:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Another for the Lollercaust Archives, then.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Jasper

Supereminent work, LMNO.  The lulz emote does not convey the totality of my mirth.

Shaman Yacatismic

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 09, 2008, 02:11:26 PM
because you can't laugh when you've been atomized by an H-bomb. 

Sure ya can.

But fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK! Whoa everybody WHOA! Now where in the hell did any of you get the idea that I knew everything? Hm? In fact I said everybody was as right as me regardless of what they said. So what happens?

You all prove my point. I get attacked, I get jumped, and why? All of you seem to have such a very odd paradigm, you believe you and your small clique are the end all and be all of Discordianism. You sit at your computers and insulate yourselves with each other.

The pettyness of it all makes me sick! Who in the fuck are you, are any of you to say anything? HA HA! Your all in the same tiny little boat my friends, don't you see? All staring at the cave wall, making conjectures about what we believe we are watching.

However, you sit by and demonize any one who speaks too loudly or speaks differently about the shadows, claiming YOUR right and anyone else is wrong.

Is this what it's become? You speak of bringing Discordianism into the new age, making it modern. Modern indeed, so modern all the evils and worthless shit comes along with it free of charge. Ha ha ha ha ha! I mean, come on, your bitching on the internet! And after I post this, I know your just going to keep bitching and screaming and yelling and whatever you can to make yourself feel that you've won.

So go ahead my esteemed lords of Discordia, please wise and all seeing ones, oh righteous knights of Eris continue your campaign! Feed mine chuckles that I might reach enlightenment!
HA HA AH AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Shaman Yacatismic
Chaosopher, Whichdokta, Calmneesar
And Grand Poobah of the Twain Cabals:
Holy Temple of the Wandering Road Cone
and
The Commissarat Cabal

LMNO

Wow.

We cockslap one, and another steps right in.

You might want to take a step back, and ask yourself if you're the one who's acting like you know what REALLY REAL Discordianism is.

(Hint: Yes.)

Payne

Uh, you should read the Discordian Voters thread, and maybe also Crams latest blog.

Srsly, for your own good.

Cramulus

Everyone's Discordia is different
collect all 1024

Shaman Yak - I say this with no venom whatsoever. Don't get all judgemental on us. We just did this dance yesterday and have only barely begun cleaning up the blood and bile. I understand that you didn't like being disagreed with a few pages ago, but if you get offended when people dissect and analyze your ideas and then don't come to the same conclusion as you, maybe you should lighten up.

aaaaaand breathe

AFK

SY, you thought THAT was being "jumped on".  Let me break it down for you here.  Have you ever watched C-SPAN?  Have you watched the proceedings in the House of Reps and the Senate on C-SPAN?  Have you watched the proceedings in the British Pariliament?  In the U.S. Congress, when they disagree they are all very polite and stately about their disagreements.  In the British Pariliament, they boo and hiss and are rather edgy, comparatively, with their disagreement.  Think of PD.COM in the latter terms.  See, you are making the assumption that we only "jump on" noobs.  Dude, we "jump on" each other just as much, if not harsher and more often. 

Wanting to laugh is cool and it is quite commendable and should be encouraged.  We all like to laugh.  Some of us just happen to disagree with your approach.  I'm quite sure there are others who probably agreed with what you had to say.  So, man up and keep at it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yak.

Dude.

First of all, if you want to write a rant and have it be well-received, you might try NOT insulting your audience right off the bat by telling them they're doing it wrong. That's something you include in a rant if you're trying to make people defensive and angry.

Second, each of us has a different sense of humor. Trying to tell people that they should alter their sense of humor is like trying to tell people what they should enjoy during sex. It's gauche. JUST DON'T GO THERE.

Are there styles of humor you haven't seen here? No doubt. It doesn't mean that none of us enjoys those forms of humor, and even if it does, so? You have a particular kind of humor? Enjoy it. Share it. Maybe it will make some of us laugh, maybe it won't. I think cones and lard are fucking hilarious. Did I come on here and insist that everyone here is ineffective because they don't share my infatuation with cones and lard? No. I did, however, continue enjoying cones and lard at my own pace, and the initial bafflement and revulsion I received has gradually turned to acceptance and even, sometimes, appreciation.

There are things here that some people are into that I don't GET. I just don't. Vocoders. Robot sex. Pestilence. Boils. But I appreciate that THEY get it, and I enjoy their enjoyment.

So whatever you're into, man, do it. Get it. Be it. Laughter is contagious; eventually, maybe some of us will laugh with you, or at least dig that you're grooving on it. But don't tell us that because we don't like it the way you like it, we're doing it wrong.

Thanks.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Shaman Yacatismic on April 08, 2008, 11:01:48 PM
I don't think we laugh enough. For interest, your first post. Why so defensive? I didn't attack you, I said nothing against you, and yet you quickly spat venom at me. Now you question why I bothered to open my mouth at all.

Hate. Defensiveness. Elitism.

Why?

Not only that, I'm also saying we can use laughter in many ways, a few that I have not seen used by the odl guard around here.

Who doesn't laugh enough? Have you been filming me?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

Cramulus

Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2008, 09:48:54 PM
Second, each of us has a different sense of humor. Trying to tell people that they should alter their sense of humor is like trying to tell people what they should enjoy during sex. It's gauche. JUST DON'T GO THERE.

compromise?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 10, 2008, 10:02:36 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2008, 09:48:54 PM

compromise?

WHOAAAA  :fap: