News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Volunteer Thread

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 09, 2008, 11:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

ITOP will be a list of PD.com spags who are willing to help with projects.  If you need someone else to help you with something, don't just wait for somebody to do something, conscript someone from here.  (Remember, they VOLUNTEERED to be conscripted!)

I'll try to keep this OP up to date; if I fail, somebody Cain remake this thread and edit it more.

Current Projects - forumbot
Areas of Expertise - coding/scripting, html, css, photoshopping, brilliant ideas

Anonymously Evil
Current Projects - poetry attack
Areas of Expertise - writing, letter writing, organization, lists

Barumunk
Current Projects - Picture for Lollercaust
Areas of Expertise - Graphic design, menial tasks, disinformation-dissemination

burnstoupee
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

B_M_W
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

Cain
Current Projects - Operation Pagan Red Dawn, PD.com soundtrack, World Discordian Project, Colboard infiltration, PFLD blog
Areas of Expertise - Philosophy, politics, Strategic Forecasting, Public Relations, skulduggery, lying, underhanded dealings, acquiring files, logistics, organizing & overseeing other projects.

Cainad
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

Darth Cupcake
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

Dido
Current Projects - None
Areas of Expertise - Greek, German, French, Math, linguistics

Dr. Felix Mackay
Current Projects - None
Areas of Expertise - Good internet connection.

ECH
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

Faust
Current Projects - None
Areas of Expertise - None

Golden Applesauce
Current Projects - UDgasm
Areas of Expertise - Fleshing out ideas, basic flyer design, anime & animefags, math, science, social observation, theology

Hoopla
Current Projects - Complete the Untold History of Planet Mudball, OBEY! stickers, discordant fiction
Areas of Expertise - writing

IasonOuabache
Current Projects - learning the cool physics and maths
Areas of Expertise - math, science (esp. chem,) comparative religion, Google-fu

Idem
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

Jenne
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

Khara
Current Projects - Project Chanology, raising mindfucked children
Areas of Expertise - the chans, Anonymous, organizing protests, graphic work

keeper entropic
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

LMNO
Current Projects - LMNO-PI, Axis of Evol, Horrormirth pics, The Deciders, MC Untzalot
Areas of Expertise - Music, Physics, Discordian theology, Bible studies, and other forms of mental masturbation

Lysergic
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

Mourning Star
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

Nigel
Current Projects - SWEET MERCIFUL FUCK, PTERODACTYLS! t-shirts
Areas of Expertise - Writing, spin doctoring, editing, networking and promotion, producing multiple metric fucktons of output in the heat of the moment.

noodlefred
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

Payne
Current Projects - None
Areas of Expertise - Too much free time

Pope Naughty Nausturtiums
Current Projects - Translating the PD into Spanish
Areas of Expertise - Linguistics, societies, cultures, and Spanish (but not a native speaker.)

Professor Cramulus
Current Projects - Lollercause, BIP Wiki, OMGASM
Areas of Expertise - text, layout, wiki code, memetics, pranks, mindfucks, big picture, details, and has a camera

Ratatosk
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

Requiem
Current Projects - None

RHWN
Current Projects - POEEcasts, a SYSOPs for the BIP wiki
Areas of Expertise - Writing, music, punning

Richter
Current Projects - moving
Areas of Expertise - Data wrangling, psychology, humorism, occasional writting, diplomacy, recon, logistics, physics application

Sepia
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

SillyCybin
Current Projects - None

St. Verbatim
Current Projects - speaking publicly, organizing a conference, running some kind of 18 player madness online.
Areas of Expertise - Native English and Hebrew speaker, fluent in German, editing, public speaking

Suu
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

TGRR
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

The Littlest Ubermensch
Current Projects - None
Areas of Expertise - Music, tiny bits of German

TheStripedOne
Current Projects - none
Areas of Expertise - writing/editing, sophistry, web design, Japanese, Librarian

Ten Ton Mantis
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

Vene
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

vexati0n
Current Projects - ?
Areas of Expertise - ?

I'm sure I missed a bunch of you guys.

ITT post the missing nformation.

(Edit - remove sticky - Dok)
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Payne

My only area of expertise, as it were, is LOADS of free time.

My only project is keeping up the pretense that I know what I'm doing.

e

I am "new here" and thus not on any of anybody's lists.

Nonetheless!

current projects:  For this site, none.  Elsewhere, probably too many to list.
areas of specialty: writing/editing, sophistry, pedantry, "Web Programming", Web Design, spelling (much under-rated), fuzzy logic and circular thinking

Triple Zero

wait--where did i volunteer???

also:
Current Projects - forumbot (and some other shit but that's classified)
Areas of Expertise - coding/scripting, html, css, photoshopping, brilliant ideas, languages: dutch/english/german, cooking, DJ/mixing, math
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Expertise: I cook pretty well.  I have a fast internet connection, willing to DL/UL whatever.  I can do a lot of algebra, learning more.  I work at a game store, pulling a 30% discount.  I paint models pretty well.  I'm usually good for a laff.  I know a lot about people and society, given I don't have to put it into practice just yet.  I know some other science and technology stuff, too miscellaneous and undeveloped to really call a skill.

Cain

Current projects:

- Operation Pagan Red Dawn (propaganda, trolling, profile-raising)
- PD.com soundtrack (will continue once I am back at Uni, with limitless downloads)
- World Discordian project
- Infiltrating the Colboards
- PFLD blog (vanity project, profile-raising, networking)

Areas of speciality

Knowledge: philosophy, politics
Public Relations (I am a people person)
Anything involving skullduddgery, lying, underhand dealings or silent but effective action.
Promoting work.
Acquiring files, esp books, software and music, for little to no cost.
Logistics/organizing/overseeing other projects.

e

Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on April 09, 2008, 11:58:15 PM
I work at a game store, pulling a 30% discount.  I paint models pretty well.

This used to be me!  Except my warhammer figs have crappy paint jobs because I have the artistry of a dead fig.

Jasper

Quote from: TheStripèdOne on April 10, 2008, 12:33:23 AM
Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on April 09, 2008, 11:58:15 PM
I work at a game store, pulling a 30% discount.  I paint models pretty well.

This used to be me!  Except my warhammer figs have crappy paint jobs because I have the artistry of a dead fig.

I grew up painting WH40K figs, and generally had the best painted army in the store at any given time.  I'm not proud, just obsessed.

Cramulus

Areas of Expertise: generating text, some layout, and the "big picture". I'm a big picture guy, but I'm also a details guy. I do wiki code. I have a nose for Quality. I am highly interested and somewhat well read in memetics. I love pranks and mindfucks. I am BAD at finishing projects, or continuing them after other people have lost interest. (citation: the Adam Weishaupt Society). OH and I just got a video camera, but so far I suck with it.

Current Projects: Lollercaust, maintaining the Black Iron Prison Wiki, and masterminding project OMGASM (and all the sub GASMs).

Nast

Current Projects: At the moment, I'm attempting to translate the PD into Spanish (I'm no native speaker, so it's pretty rough at best)

Expertise: Minor knowledge of linguistics, minor knowledge of societies and human culture, I can...garden (not really a marketable skill, though), and people tell me that my tea's fairly good.

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

e

Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on April 10, 2008, 01:07:58 AM
I grew up painting WH40K figs, and generally had the best painted army in the store at any given time.  I'm not proud, just obsessed.

So did I.  I just sucked at it.  :D

Jasper

Quote from: Pope Naughty Nasturtiums on April 10, 2008, 01:11:22 AM
I can...garden (not really a marketable skill, though), and people tell me that my tea's fairly good.

You can WHAT?  FOLLOW ME, LAD! WE'LL RULE THE WORLD!!

Golden Applesauce

Remember, foreign languages are areas of expertise!  I know some people here speak Dutch...

I got some Warhammer minis a while back, some Dwarven Miners and Ironbreakers, I believe, and never found anyone to play with me.   :x

Then I got the Dawn of War game and utterly failed at getting any of my friends to play it with me.   :x
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

e

Oh, then I also speak Japanese.  (My writing skills are limited, though.  Stupid kanji...)

I never played much WHFB (I don't know if it's even called that any more), I usually played WH40k.  I haven't played in at least 2 or 3 years, though, and all my minis are gathering dust in South Carolina, whence I recently moved.  Now I just screw around on the internet instead.  My computer would explode if I tried to run Dawn of War.  The old WH computer games are great fun, but never really worked multiplayer and in most cases don't work period on current OSes.  Shadow of the Horned Rat, Dark Moon (or something?), the Epic game, and the one that was a "Squad Commander" thing with space marines.  Good times.

Jasper

GA, you sure it's a good idea to be playing pirated games over the net?