News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Volunteer Thread

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 09, 2008, 11:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser Spacelard

Kaiser Spacelard
Current Projects - Websites, Pimping the ever-living-fuck outta myself for cash and prohet
Areas of Expertise - Print/Web design, copy writing, painting, sculpture, interactive art, Public Speaking, Private Speaking, Not Speaking, Prop making
Current areas of intense interest : Mayan Death Culture, Poisonous Mammals, Bulldada, GTD, game theory 

Cramulus

INTERMITTENS

just about all of our stuff can be found on 23ae... see the intermittens category or tag - http://23ae.com/category/discordian-literature/intermittens/

but we've still got problems with distribution.

things to do re: intermittens

THIS IS A GASM - SOMEBODY PLEASE DO THIS

get yatto's issue 9 onto the internet (scribd & 23ae)
update big list of intermittens issues at
http://www.blackironprison.com/index.php?title=Intermittens
http://discordia.wikia.com/wiki/Intermittens
http://s23.org/wiki/Intermittens
create thread at PD which indexes all issues and gives links to both their PDF and the relevant thread on this board (for archival purposes)

If somebody steps up and does these things, the intermittens editor cabal will address you as a SAINT for a period of time.

AND IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF SOMEBODY GRABBED THE REIGNS FOR INTERMITTENS.ORG

bds

bip.com/intermittens is updated! Feel free to fuck w/ the formatting I used etc. if you like, I just threw the latest three issues up and added scribd links to the older issues that didn't have them. i'm not too hot on mediawiki formatting so it's all v basic, just what I picked up from looking at the code already there.

I might have time to go through and update the other two wiki's later on as well btw, but i dunno when.

Faust

Because Rats server died intermittens.org is hanging. I have the domain sitting here, if anyone wanted to work on a fancy page and would be willing to keep it updated I'm willing to set them up.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

El Sjaako

Quote from: Faust on January 04, 2011, 12:58:51 AM
Because Rats server died intermittens.org is hanging. I have the domain sitting here, if anyone wanted to work on a fancy page and would be willing to keep it updated I'm willing to set them up.

Can't you just redirect to a working page?

Telarus

At this point, a redirect to either the 23AE category, or the BIP Wiki page would be a good temporary patch.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Faust

For the time being I can add the redirect to the bip wiki mirror.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

Quote from: BDS on January 03, 2011, 09:56:12 PM
I might have time to go through and update the other two wiki's later on as well btw, but i dunno when.

I took care of it  :D

Quote from: Faust on January 04, 2011, 12:04:19 PM
For the time being I can add the redirect to the bip wiki mirror.

please do! intermittens.org and intermittens.info too if you have it

A.N. Other

Displayed Name

Current Project(s): None. Ideas in progress.

Area(s) of Expertise: keeping my mouth shut; writing; acting; making wild conjectures
"Wow, for an asshole, everyone loves you, honey." -My wife

Chelagoras The Boulder

Chelagoras The Boulder

Current Projects: None, and i'm bored of it.

Areas of Expertise: People Skills(most of my jobs have involved either marketing or customer service),coming up with strange ideas, making puns and catchy slogans, patiently explaining things to people, the ability/inclination to think far too hard and deep about almost any subject, obsessing over small details, finding torrents of things, and playing dumb when i'm smart and smart when i'm dumb.  :p
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

JamesStrangefellow

Hi.

I've actually got a lot going on right now but I would love to help out in a bunch of ways.

I do all kinds of stuff with art, none of it professionally.  I don't play music though (a little tambourine and triangle).  I really like to write, mostly fun
   stuff and I am trying to get back into drawrings/painting.  (current projects are PBR design the can 2015 contest and a Lil Bub canvas portrait)

Somehow I've got some woodworking projects going on too. That's sure to be a mess.

I'm also a good "idea" guy. Today's good one involved a very large (10ft or so) inflatable 20 sided die.  I suggested that one of the superfluous uses for this contraption could be as a "beach ball" substitute at concerts/festivals.  If there's a band playing (picture someone fun like phishish) they could beforehand select 20 tracks and place each on a marquee above the crowd, corresponding with a number from 1-20. The crowd hits the die around until it reaches a platform near the stage where the number it settles on is the next song played!  :lulz:

I also study the occult and am a superhero.

minuspace

Quote from: JamesStrangefellow on May 19, 2014, 02:53:30 AM
Hi.

I've actually got a lot going on right now but I would love to help out in a bunch of ways.

I do all kinds of stuff with art, none of it professionally.  I don't play music though (a little tambourine and triangle).  I really like to write, mostly fun
   stuff and I am trying to get back into drawrings/painting.  (current projects are PBR design the can 2015 contest and a Lil Bub canvas portrait)

Somehow I've got some woodworking projects going on too. That's sure to be a mess.

I'm also a good "idea" guy. Today's good one involved a very large (10ft or so) inflatable 20 sided die.  I suggested that one of the superfluous uses for this contraption could be as a "beach ball" substitute at concerts/festivals.  If there's a band playing (picture someone fun like phishish) they could beforehand select 20 tracks and place each on a marquee above the crowd, corresponding with a number from 1-20. The crowd hits the die around until it reaches a platform near the stage where the number it settles on is the next song played!  :lulz:

Design an appropriate integrated circuit to register and determine which number resulted.  Compare data to results of pools using more than 1 die, different numbers of faces and combinations of numbers.  Contrast to using odd versus even sided polyhedrons

Bonus Question:  why was the die red?

JamesStrangefellow

Quote from: LuciferX on May 19, 2014, 05:44:32 AM
Quote from: JamesStrangefellow on May 19, 2014, 02:53:30 AM
Hi.

Design an appropriate integrated circuit to register and determine which number resulted.  Compare data to results of pools using more than 1 die, different numbers of faces and combinations of numbers.  Contrast to using odd versus even sided polyhedrons

Bonus Question:  why was the die red?

you lost me when the die wasn't green like it is. I think you have me confused with someone else.

And it's green because I'm in ironic bastard.

minuspace

We might have to work around some visibility and presentation issues, but have you read yatto's work?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LuciferX on May 19, 2014, 08:13:41 PM
We might have to work around some visibility and presentation issues, but have you read yatto's work?

Which?  His, or the stuff he stole?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.