News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Reverend Roger Sermon#10...My shameful addiction to speed

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 03, 2003, 05:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orias

I feel uncomfortable while driving if I'm not accelerating. It's something I'm becoming more used to, mostly because it eats gas quicker, but I still love to break speed limits of at least 10 or 20 mph.
"Men must attempt to develop in themselves and their children a liberation of the sense of self...men must be free from boundaries, patterns & consistencies in order to be free to think, feel & create in new ways." -Luke Rhinehart

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: OriasI feel uncomfortable while driving if I'm not accelerating. It's something I'm becoming more used to, mostly because it eats gas quicker, but I still love to break speed limits of at least 10 or 20 mph.

I usually ignore the speed limits altogether when I am not in a residential neighborhood.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Lister

Don't drive a car myself, but I'm addicted to fast racing games...
If the racing game doesn't have a turbo booster, then I don't want it...

When I'll finally get to actually driving a real car, it'll probably be the same turbo-addicted frenzied behaviour unleashed on the roads
When I was a little man
Playdough came in a little can
I was Star Wars' biggest fan
Now I'm stuck without a plan
GI Joe was an action man
Shaggy drove the mystery van
Devo was my favorite band
Take me back to my happy land

The Good Reverend Roger

On the subject, wish me luck.  I am trying to beat my personal best in the Batavia, IL to Green Bay, WI run this week.

The time to beat is 2 hours, 47 minutes.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Y.M. Hut

I'm craving the days when the snow and ice melts and I can roam the highways free from any man-made speed limits.

But until them I'm scared out of my mind of getting into any accident (which would mean the end of my car/driving).
Vielleicht sollst du nicht wissen.

phantom pope

speed = (reality)tunnel effects (addictive :roll:  like drugs)

the faster your are, time m0re sl0wer will be
(atomic-clock experiments in air-planes)

phantom pope (sPEEDlEaD)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: khaganI'm craving the days when the snow and ice melts and I can roam the highways free from any man-made speed limits.

But until them I'm scared out of my mind of getting into any accident (which would mean the end of my car/driving).

There's no slowing down for snow!  Not for a pro-am Cafe racer, anyhow.

Floor it, and trust in Eris.

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Y.M. Hut

I'm all for high speeds, but losing my car's just not something I can risk. The product isn't worth the risk for me. However, once the snow (and more importantly ice) is gone, there will be no holding my speedometer back.
Vielleicht sollst du nicht wissen.

The Good Reverend Roger

You make a good point, but I have found that if I don't lose my nerve, I never have a problem (well, not often, anyway).

I have also perfected the no-cop zen.  No tickets for 16 years...(of course, now that I've SAID that...)

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerOn the subject, wish me luck.  I am trying to beat my personal best in the Batavia, IL to Green Bay, WI run this week.

The time to beat is 2 hours, 47 minutes.
Bump!

Did you break the record or not?

William Jennings Bryant

There will be no "speed" in the New Christian America.

Ox carts have a maximum speed of about 2 MPH.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: William Jennings BryantThere will be no "speed" in the New Christian America.

Ox carts have a maximum speed of about 2 MPH.

Shut up, Opie!

D/N/T!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"