News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Is This Forum Necessary?

Started by hooplala, April 11, 2008, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

Quote from: davedim on April 11, 2008, 11:50:27 PM

An Esperanto roleplaying subforum.

Lol Esperanto

I never really understood what was the point of making an international language, when there's always, you know, English.
It's a terribly Anglocentric view but it's true.

Also, I endorse this subforum.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Roo

That explains a few things.

I wondered why a Discordian forum had need for a recipe board, but I figured that there was no reason not to have a place for recipes.

East Coast Hustle

to be honest, it was here long before this place fell into my grubby little hands.

but my professional calling is the reason it survived the purges.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

Triple Zero

there are in fact quite a few people on this board that love cooking, and quite a few more that love food.

otherwise the "what are you eating" thread would probably go into Apple Talk and the recipes and cooking talk would probably be divided over that thread and the open bar.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Food is life.

Food is pain.

Food is everything.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As someone else pointed out earlier, all topics eventually lead to discussions of food, and having a food subforum helps keep the need to discuss food contained so threads elseforum don't drift quite as rapidly/severely into the kitchen.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

OK OK . . . I "EAT" my words.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Quote from: hunter s.durden on April 12, 2008, 12:09:51 AM
An RPG forum would give us a chance to play-test my creations!!!!

FULL HOUSE 2020!!!!!!!

give us a way to play this or I'm declaring it vaporware.

hopefully something we can play on a forum

and also I wanna be DJ.

hunter s.durden

It's definitely going to have to be forum based, I'm not a video game programmer.

When the game finally does come out, it's going to be a second-person shooter.

The DJ clan is werewolves by the way.
This space for rent.

Mourning Star

2nd person shooter?

So you mean it's from the perspective of the bloke getting shot?

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Mourning Star on April 16, 2008, 08:49:30 PM
2nd person shooter?

So you mean it's from the perspective of the bloke getting shot?

Bingo!

The market is flooded by 1st and 3rd person shooters, but 2nd? None.
It's going to kill.

Pre-Order Today!
This space for rent.

Jasper

You know what'd be kind of fun actually?

A game where you have to run from people with guns.

No shit, it sounds awesome.  It'd be one of those cinematic games where you have to outwit everyone instead of just shoot a hundred and sixty people a minute.