News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

The squirrels bow to no man

Started by Verbal Mike, April 27, 2008, 03:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

It's a sunny day. I step out onto the balcony. I lean on the metal rail, careful not to smother some of the herbs in the plastic planter, as the gentle notes of Gotan Project leak out of my room and into my ears. Looking out onto the roofs and yards below, I feel kind of like the wealthy dictator of some banana republic. "Friends, trashcans, squirrels, lend me your ears!" If I owned a cigar I would be tempted to smoke it. But I don't smoke, and I'm not wealthy. My kingdom is not mine, not as far as anyone else is concerned.
I could be a great dictator, if they only let me try. But the damned squirrels bow to no man.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Verbatim on April 27, 2008, 03:02:56 PM
It's a sunny day. I step out onto the balcony. I lean on the metal rail, careful not to smother some of the herbs in the plastic planter, as the gentle notes of Gotan Project leak out of my room and into my ears. Looking out onto the roofs and yards below, I feel kind of like the wealthy dictator of some banana republic. "Friends, trashcans, squirrels, lend me your ears!" If I owned a cigar I would be tempted to smoke it. But I don't smoke, and I'm not wealthy. My kingdom is not mine, not as far as anyone else is concerned.
I could be a great dictator, if they only let me try. But the damned squirrels bow to no man.

BAH!  Every man is an Il Duce, every woman an Imelda, and all the dinners on time!   :argh!:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.