News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

The First Church of the Holy Lie

Started by Iason Ouabache, April 12, 2008, 09:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Nigel on April 14, 2008, 10:50:23 PM
IMO, you can be honest and silent at the same time.
Honest, yes.  Truthful, no.  Very subtle difference.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: IasonOuabache on April 15, 2008, 12:23:39 AM

In your OP you stipulated that everyone would have to "tell the truth". You didn't stipulate that everyone would have to talk constantly. It's true that there are such things as lies of omission, but a world in which everyone was constantly saying whatever they were thinking is not a world I would live in, mostly because people already do too fucking much of that already.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: wun-zee-row-fow-er on April 14, 2008, 09:08:11 PM
Quote from: triple zero on April 14, 2008, 09:04:26 PM
Quote from: wun-zee-row-fow-er on April 14, 2008, 08:58:13 PMI don't ever expect to have any fulfilling type of relationship with someone anyways. I'm broken...  too far gone...  mental.

:(  I am one sorry individual, I must admit.

:emo:
meh...  that's my current appraisal of self.   :|   if anyone 'knows' why I posted my 'self appraisal' hopefully your smart enough to ignore it.

Look, if you MUST whine, please do so out in the cold of the rest of the internets.

You're staining the seats.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: IasonOuabache on April 15, 2008, 12:23:39 AM

Why does truth always have to be spoken?

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Triple Zero

like cleaning your drain and oven.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

BootyBay

How about being honest with yourself and being honest with others when it's important?
There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.

Nast

What do you mean by "being honest with yourself"?

When lying to myself, I always know that I'm lying. Otherwise, it's just called being wrong.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

BootyBay

That's you.

Many people in my opinion believe what they believe for feelings of comfort, acceptance  or something else that suits a need of theirs.

Seeking truth and not hiding from it is what I should have said.

If one can embrace the truth, then being honest at crucial times will be infinitely more valuable.
There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.

Roo

Quote from: Pope Naughty Nasturtiums on April 17, 2008, 01:50:50 AM
What do you mean by "being honest with yourself"?

When lying to myself, I always know that I'm lying. Otherwise, it's just called being wrong.

Lots of people lie to themselves with knowing it. It's called being in denial.

And somehow, accepting that one is in denial is one of the hardest things in life to do. :x

Cain

Dido

Quote from: SillyCybin on April 12, 2008, 06:35:11 PM
Lying is just more fun

"Yes I paid for that" ... "No officer I've been right here all night" ... "Of course I won't come in your mouth"

"i did not bite, you are just too sensitive"

LMNO

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO on April 17, 2008, 04:58:15 PM
"I'll just put the tip in."

:lol:  I just got that.

/is still pre-coffee