News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

some of my stuff, when I was into ART

Started by wade, April 14, 2008, 09:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wade

Quote from: Nigel on April 15, 2008, 02:13:31 AM
Why did you live in a tent for 5 days?

Anyway, I do think you have talent, you should definitely continue with your artwork. I just feel like the subject matter is a touch predictable. Did you go to Catholic school?

I did indeed go to catholic school....

oh and living in the tent was required of me, lets just leave it at that.  I don't really want to get into it all that much...  because it is a personal mindfuck of mine. a clashing of ideals I don't want to release at this point....   :argh!:

Once I get some more inspiration, I will definitely cook something up.
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

B_M_W

I like all the plain portraits in ink. The subject matter in the rest feels too cliche for me to like it much.

Sorry.... :/

~Alana
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Nast

I must agree with BMW.

What medium did you use for the colored paintings?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

wade

Quote from: Pope Naughty Nasturtiums on April 15, 2008, 04:46:09 AM
I must agree with BMW.

acrylic.

I just painted what I was hearing.  I was hearing a lot of anti-christian things back then, meh.
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: wun-zee-row-fow-er on April 15, 2008, 05:38:46 AM
I must agree with BMW.

acrylic.

I just painted what I was hearing.  I was hearing a lot of anti-christian things back then, meh.

Neat.  So, I could just holler something, and you'd paint it?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2008, 05:41:46 AM
I must agree with BMW.

acrylic.

i'd love to give that a shot.
i like to holler after a long day at work.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: wun-zee-row-fow-er on April 15, 2008, 02:10:16 AM
i've lived in a tent for 5 days with a negative 36 degree windchill temperature.  a definite traumatic experience in my life....

I know living in that fucking tent definitely made me appreciate the little things in life a whole lot more.

I have been beaten up, but never by my parents, I've been malnourished, but thats because I was amazingly lazy (stupid).  Never been raped, and if I was, I was not aware of it. and my parents have never abandoned me.  although there was a girl who I guess abandonned me, but who can blame her, i'm screwed up.   I can't really say that I am poor, even though I do come from a lower working class family.... but never a "holy fuck im on the streets poor."  thankfully.

I'm just saying, not trying to say I have depth or anything.  a lot of what I have went through is nothing compared to others.

Why so angsty then?
This space for rent.

wade

I must agree with BMW.

acrylic.

yeah pretty much.  As long as the imagery you evoke is interesting to me.  Right now however, I will only be able to sketch it, no more acrylic for me. not for awhile anyways.
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

wade

Quote from: hunter s.durden on April 15, 2008, 02:46:13 PM
i've lived in a tent for 5 days with a negative 36 degree windchill temperature.  a definite traumatic experience in my life....

I know living in that fucking tent definitely made me appreciate the little things in life a whole lot more.

I have been beaten up, but never by my parents, I've been malnourished, but thats because I was amazingly lazy (stupid).  Never been raped, and if I was, I was not aware of it. and my parents have never abandoned me.  although there was a girl who I guess abandonned me, but who can blame her, i'm screwed up.   I can't really say that I am poor, even though I do come from a lower working class family.... but never a "holy fuck im on the streets poor."  thankfully.

I'm just saying, not trying to say I have depth or anything.  a lot of what I have went through is nothing compared to others.

Why so angsty then?
because I'm not satisfied??? 
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

Payne

Quote from: wun-zee-row-fow-er on April 15, 2008, 05:17:17 PM
Quote from: hunter s.durden on April 15, 2008, 02:46:13 PM

Why so angsty then?
because I'm not satisfied??? 

[Bill Bailey]
You pick me up from school,
You attended all my sporting functions.
You bought me a car,
Gave me use on a credit card.

But how can I feel pain?
How can I feel pain?
How can I feel pain
When you're being so supportive?
[/Bill Bailey]

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

e

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 15, 2008, 12:38:34 AM
don't take hunter too personally wzrfe. he's just all cantankerous 'cause Wizards of the Coast isn't buying his Full House RPG.

That sounds like something WotC would snap right up!  But only if they could make it angsty.  [/threadjack]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: wun-zee-row-fow-er on April 15, 2008, 05:16:09 PM
I must agree with BMW.

acrylic.

yeah pretty much.  As long as the imagery you evoke is interesting to me.  Right now however, I will only be able to sketch it, no more acrylic for me. not for awhile anyways.

Welcome to The City, friend.  I guess it's up to me to show you around.

The City is, of course, actually a necropolis, a city of the restless dead.  Each day, they are forced from their tenement-tombs, to work the great machines and farm fields of dead folks more powerful than they.  They stagger out, in an obscene mockery of life, to the office, to the factories...they mumble to each other, as they would in life, though the conversations are always the same.

These poor souls are denied most emotion...for them there is only regret, dead dreams, and ceaseless worry.  You have to remember, of course, that they don't know they are dead, and they would think you were crazy if you told them.

And the end of each day's toil, they are granted a few hours of "rest" in which they receive indoctrination as to their station in "life", from square altars kept in their common rooms.  After that, they return to peaceful death for as much as 6 hours...and then the process is repeated.

And the night?  Ho ho...the night belongs to us.  The Damned.

We, my friend, slip through the streets each night, awash in the cold hellfire of neon that lights the city...and provides the shadows.  Tweakers, kept adance by methamphetamines, tomb robbers...Who slip into the houses of the dead, usually to fund their next installment of the aforementioned alkaloid...pimps, freaks, whores, crazies muttering truths to themselves,  garbagemen...and, of course, those who prey on the other Damned.

The Damned do not worship the God that the dead worship...Mammon is beneath us.  Not for us the rosary of coin, the communion of the almighty dollar...we worship stranger Gods...Bacchus, Nihil, Eris...these are the dieties that we acknowledge, if not worship, in this dusty metropolis of the deceased.  They are Gods that understand us.

What's that, you ask?  How do you leave?  Ho ho, my friend...there is no "leave"...because, partner, the whole world is a graveyard, as well as an abbatoir.  Every city is the same, once you look upon it at night.  We know this, as you will come to know it.  And you'll never, ever be able to un-know it.

Why do you think we are called The Damned?

So now that you know the deal, my friend, stop screaming and start digging.

wade

REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly