Main Menu

The Michelin Challenge Design Award 08

Started by Jasper, April 17, 2008, 05:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Wow. I can't tell if I want one or not.

Hell yes! Gimme!

Faust

my dreams of becoming gizmoduck are one step closer to fruition.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

QuoteYou may look at the Snook and think "that's impossible" or "there's no way that could stand" or "I'm not driving that". However, I believe we were all thinking the same things when the Segway was revealed.

OH SNAP
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

QuoteThe Snook achieves its one-wheel balance with "agility through instability, controlled by artificial intelligence"

This is becoming quite a popular concept I think. It doesn't take AI to do it, though.

The EuroFighter is built along this principle:

The fighter achieves high agility at both supersonic and low speeds by having a relaxed stability design. It has a quadruplex digital fly-by-wire control system providing artificial stability, as manual operation alone could not compensate for the inherent instability. The fly-by-wire system is described as "carefree" by preventing the pilot from exceeding the permitted manoeuvre envelope.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurofighter#Airframe_and_avionics

Which I find interesting in itself.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Richter

Truf.  I'd hate to road test in one of those.

All the tedium of a mornign commute with all the fun of a demolition derby.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Actually...

If everyone had a vehicle that could go in any direction, would there ever be traffic jams?