News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Sacred Chao Tattoo

Started by NWC, April 19, 2008, 03:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 19, 2008, 06:05:59 AM
I don't love the symbol, but the tat was done well and in general I have to give props to someone who is willing to brand themselves for life with an obscurely symbolic tattoo representing a joke religion.

What joke religion?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 21, 2008, 03:52:12 AM
Taoism I believe

Oh, well.  Fuck Taoism.  Silly bastards are always trying to hump your leg while they jabber and drool about the "middle of the road" or whatever the hell it is that they're talking about.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Xooxe

They must be doing something right if most of them haven't died in a crash yet.

Cain

Quote from: triple zero on April 20, 2008, 05:51:23 PM
Quote from: Akara on April 20, 2008, 05:18:06 PMdiscordia themed jewelry

i think i mentioned this before, but i've been looking for ages for an ouroboros ring. that is, not a ring that has an ouroboros symbol on it or something (i've seen those), but one that actually just consists of a snake biting its own tail, around my finger, nothing more nothing less.

closest i got so far was a crocodile doing the same thing, but i didn't buy it because it was on my holiday in Turkey and the ring was crappy quality and i didn't really have the time to haggle/barter about it.

Thats animal cruelty.

Training a snake to bite its own tail, just so you can wear it.  For shame.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on April 21, 2008, 02:11:31 AM
Trip0: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sterling-Silver-Ouroboros-Snake-Ring_W0QQitemZ230245089408QQihZ013QQcategoryZ67728QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've been looking at this guy's rings for a while, they look nice.

cool thanks, that's pretty much exactly what i was looking for!

ok i had actually preferred a slightly heavier ring but this is definitely the closest i've seen so far ;-) on the other hand, i haven't really looked online yet. i hardly ever order stuff from online, so i just didn't thought of it.

this one's also nice, looks slightly more like the common ouroboros symbol:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aes-Sedai-Ouroboros-Infinity-Silver-Snake-Ring_W0QQitemZ160230771013QQihZ006QQcategoryZ110666QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
also slightly more expensive--and what's up with these people unable to take decent closeup photos?? you spend all that time making a pretty work of art and you cannot be bothered to make sure the photo is correctly focused? :)

in constrast, the photos on your website are not only sharp, but also look very nice with the grey slightly reflective surface in the background, as opposed to an index finger and a thumb with dirty nails ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

Quote from: Payne on April 19, 2008, 10:54:40 AM
Uh, it's incorrectly done though!

The pentagon is supposed to be tilted somewhat (so that one of the nearly vertical lines in the above pic ARE vertical), to symbolise that neither "left" or "right" hand paths are dominant, or some such. I'm no expert, but that is a fairly fundamental part of the symbol...

BAH.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I wish I could remember the URL of the guy who made my Hand pendant, he makes rings too and I'm pretty sure he had an Ouroboros one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 21, 2008, 03:49:18 AM
I don't love the symbol, but the tat was done well and in general I have to give props to someone who is willing to brand themselves for life with an obscurely symbolic tattoo representing a joke religion.

What joke religion?

I was having the hardest time last night explaining to Boots how something can be a joke and completely legit at the same time. I have some satan-worshipping friends (who are probably Discordian, but also satanists, but not Church of Satan satanists) and I couldn't seem to convey that they're REALLY into Satan, but it's a joke, but they take it seriously.

Apparently he's not cut out for Discordia.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Felix on April 21, 2008, 09:10:53 PM
This guy?
http://www.markdefrates.com/pages/home.html

YES that is the guy! Also he was very nice and apparently is open for suggestions.

Epimetheus

I'm going to get Nigel's face tattooed multiple times in various places on my body, sometimes three in a row.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Cain

Quote from: Nigel on April 21, 2008, 07:07:57 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 21, 2008, 03:49:18 AM

What joke religion?

I was having the hardest time last night explaining to Boots how something can be a joke and completely legit at the same time. I have some satan-worshipping friends (who are probably Discordian, but also satanists, but not Church of Satan satanists) and I couldn't seem to convey that they're REALLY into Satan, but it's a joke, but they take it seriously.

Apparently he's not cut out for Discordia.

This is the problem with lots of cabbages as well.  I've talked with LMNO about it before, at EB&G, when we were trying to dissect a certain Pagan mindset.  Apparently, not serious = insincerity in your beliefs, was the conclusion I think we came up with.

OK, here we are

Mary:  Why would you want to be a real (or fake) religion, anyway? And who cares what a bunch of loser Pagans think?

Religion sucks.

Me:  Because fake religion = insincere belief, apparently.  Yes, I have been told this more than once, and while its kind of amusing when you first hear, it gets to be a drag reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal fucking fast.  And I don't, I care about being lumped in with a bunch of loser Pagans who do not represent my beliefs or the beliefs of many Discordians I know, on a site which is ranked very high in Pagan and Wiccan searches on Google.

LMNO:  Cain, that's very interesting.  I never really made the connection between fake religion ~ incencere belief.  But I'm starting to see that a lot of the arguments I've had have more-or-less clustered around this.

In fact, if I can get some free time, I think this would be a good kernel to start a new wiki section on the BIP site; the fallacy that a do-as-you-please religion means that one's beliefs are incencere.

hooplala

Most pagans are still working under the protestant work ethic, and they seem to think anything that doesn't require two weeks of fasting, sitting under an ice cold waterfall for five hours, chanting holy names for two days whilst envisioning ones self in a flaming chariot,  while at the same time burning fifteen specially selected types of (handmade) incense and focusing on a triangle on the ground drawn in the colours of the entity you are bringing forth is cheating.  And, it pisses them off.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Epimetheus on April 22, 2008, 04:41:17 AM
I'm going to get Nigel's face tattooed multiple times in various places on my body, sometimes three in a row.

That's kind of hot.