News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Google Trends

Started by Triple Zero, May 03, 2008, 01:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

i dunno really what forum to put this, but it's "tech", so there:

Google Trends is a google labs tool that allows you to track and plot search queries by volume over time. Unfortunately our own memes and projects are too small in volume to make any impact on the graphs, so i decided to do a test chart of project Chanology:

google trends on scientology, chanology, anonymous, chan

important points are:
- the huge Jan.17 peak in searches for "scientology", as the Cruise video emerged.
- at that moment the word "chanology" was coined.
- after that, you can see another, smaller peak in all four graphs on Feb.10, the date of the first raid.

(edit: fixed link)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Reverend Ju Ju Booze

why is today's number 6 trend "super ninja bikini babes"?? :lulz:
Thanks for telling us about google trends (at least I didn't knew it)
..I'm gonna read again Gibson's Bridge Trilogy and go hunting nodal points...
Capitalism.
When it uses the carrot is called democracy,
When it uses the stick is called fascism.

Triple Zero

i have no idea :)

but, if anyone else can come up with some (discordia-related) keywords that show interesting trends, that'd be cool.

(also, i've got a lot more google labs/seeking related things i can still talk about, i might do that later and rename this thread)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Reverend Ju Ju Booze

Capitalism.
When it uses the carrot is called democracy,
When it uses the stick is called fascism.

Vene

Roo

Triple Zero

NWC

I'm getting
Your terms - [insert postentially interesting search terms here] - do not have enough search volume to show graphs.
most of the time.

But it looks like the Aussies are big on chaos.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Messier Undertree

http://www.google.com/trends?q=Naruto&geo=gbr.sct&ctab=0&sa=N

Apparently, Polish immigrants in Scotland love Naruto.

Maybe the BNP have a point after all.

Akara

at least we now know more people are becoming sensible in regards to Wicca. the mahdgjickigqueuetrends follow wicca. Magic stays steady.
It's like a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘