News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

mi creative urge's fruits

Started by mixchd, April 21, 2008, 03:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mixchd

i THINK oils on glass...
              \

just a drawing
   \

daruko, actually, holding a painting of mine over his face
                \

just a photo of me that i played around with in photoshop cs2
                \

oh and hello (^_^)b 
Time.... this intangible field we live within.  This thing with no face, but that of moving hands and shuffling numbers.  We don't own it, it owns us.  We're like it's pets, like hamsters in a hamster wheel, running... running... running... The only rest we get is sleep, but then that is interrupted too... by alarms... on clocks... that tell TIME!
=====Koan==============================================================
A CUP OF TEA
Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.
Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.
The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"
"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

Daruko

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

mixchd

Thanks Nigel  :)

Yer name makes me think of XTC's "Making plans for Nigel" song... probably not related to why you've chosen that name, or could it possibly be so? (^_^)
Time.... this intangible field we live within.  This thing with no face, but that of moving hands and shuffling numbers.  We don't own it, it owns us.  We're like it's pets, like hamsters in a hamster wheel, running... running... running... The only rest we get is sleep, but then that is interrupted too... by alarms... on clocks... that tell TIME!
A CUP OF TEA
Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.
The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"
"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

Thurnez Isa

yo
its not you too that have little music site on myspace is it??
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

mixchd

A CUP OF TEA

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: mixchd on April 24, 2008, 04:33:31 PM
Thanks Nigel  :)

Yer name makes me think of XTC's "Making plans for Nigel" song... probably not related to why you've chosen that name, or could it possibly be so? (^_^)

No, I'm named after a famous Scottish warrior.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cain on April 24, 2008, 07:17:35 PM
Nigel the Haggis-eater

Ok, I admit, I had to google haggis and once I was done hurling....  Do people truly eat this....

Here's a recipe for the beloved Haggis of Scotland. In addition to the other naughty (read 'delectable') bits, the lungs are traditionally included in Scotland, but are omitted here as it's illegal to sell lungs in the U.S. (Any clues as to why, anybody?). Some folks also think that liver shouldn't be used ..."

1 sheep's lung (illegal in the U.S.; may be omitted if not available)
1 sheep's stomach
1 sheep heart
1 sheep liver
1/2 lb fresh suet (kidney leaf fat is preferred)
3/4 cup oatmeal (the ground type, NOT the Quaker Oats type!)
3 onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup stock
Wash lungs and stomach well, rub with salt and rinse. Remove membranes and excess fat. Soak in cold salted water for several hours. Turn stomach inside out for stuffing.
Cover heart and liver with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Chop heart and coarsely grate liver. Toast oatmeal in a skillet on top of the stove, stirring frequently, until golden. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Loosely pack mixture into stomach, about two-thirds full. Remember, oatmeal expands in cooking.

Press any air out of stomach and truss securely. Put into boiling water to cover. Simmer for 3 hours, uncovered, adding more water as needed to maintain water level. Prick stomach several times with a sharp needle when it begins to swell; this keeps the bag from bursting. Place on a hot platter, removing trussing strings. Serve with a spoon. Ceremoniously served with "neeps, tatties and nips" -- mashed turnips, mashed potatoes, nips of whiskey.

mixchd

Quote from: Khara on April 24, 2008, 07:31:55 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 24, 2008, 07:17:35 PM
Nigel the Haggis-eater
1 sheep's lung (illegal in the U.S.; may be omitted if not available)
1 sheep's stomach
1 sheep heart
1 sheep liver
1/2 lb fresh suet (kidney leaf fat is preferred)
3/4 cup oatmeal (the ground type, NOT the Quaker Oats type!)
3 onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup stock
Wash lungs and stomach well, rub with salt and rinse. Remove membranes and excess fat. Soak in cold salted water for several hours. Turn stomach inside out for stuffing.
Cover heart and liver with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Chop heart and coarsely grate liver. Toast oatmeal in a skillet on top of the stove, stirring frequently, until golden. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Loosely pack mixture into stomach, about two-thirds full. Remember, oatmeal expands in cooking.

Press any air out of stomach and truss securely. Put into boiling water to cover. Simmer for 3 hours, uncovered, adding more water as needed to maintain water level. Prick stomach several times with a sharp needle when it begins to swell; this keeps the bag from bursting. Place on a hot platter, removing trussing strings. Serve with a spoon. Ceremoniously served with "neeps, tatties and nips" -- mashed turnips, mashed potatoes, nips of whiskey.[/i]

whoa
A CUP OF TEA

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Haggis is DELICIOUS. I am not kidding.

Stay away from the haggis they serve in those little carts at Scottish heritage festivals, though... that stuff is noxious. You have to make it fresh or go to a restaurant that makes it properly.

You can also do a reasonable mock-up of haggis without the stomach; bake it in a covered casserole dish sitting in a pan of water.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.