News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Time to switch sides

Started by Cain, April 22, 2008, 05:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: SillyCybin on April 22, 2008, 05:43:06 PM
Count me the fuck in! :evil:

Oh and give this venture a snappy title while you're at it.

I've got one.

I call it "Life".
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 23, 2008, 07:54:29 AM

Besides, once we're in place, we can play around with tactics more.  For example, play off the religious nutters against the neolibertarians/neocons.  I tend to think the neolibs will win, because they have international finance on their side, mostly.  But if say, for some reason, the Christian Right gained the upper hand...well, even religious fanatics need people who can think outside the box and do things that if they did it, would make them look very bad indeed.  It's all a matter of reading the current situation and playing it for all its worth.

Unless you turn into them.

That happens.  Trust me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

To some people, certainly.

However, I deal with such people in and out every day.  I understand them, and their motivations, very well.  I've had to put up with listening to them for about 4 years now, week after week.  And yet, I am unconcerned about doing anything except duping them and playing them.  These people think power resides in hierachies, and so have an instinctual fear of disrupting the status quo, even with their revolutionary rhetoric.  I, on the other hand, believe power resides in networks, and so disruption, upheaval and confusion are of little consequence.

Its all a matter of positioning the other players on the board so everything revolves around yourself.  From there on in, its a matter of seizing those black swan moments to disrupt the systems.

NWC

Quote from: Verbatim on April 22, 2008, 11:46:08 PM
:mittens:
A pleasure to read, as always.
I'm also intrigued by this idea, and it seems to make sense, but I wonder how this translates to "next action" pragmatism: how do we go about starting to forge this unholy alliance?

Echo'd.

I like the way you're thinking, Cain.

This is a great example of neophilius versus neophobus thought patterns.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Shadowdaemon

I have to say Cain I've had similar thought processes before and love this idea. However I also I find myself wondering if this sort of revolution would be noticeable enough or not.
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2008, 11:37:00 PM
Prisons are for those who cannot exist without preying on others.

Murderers, rapists, thieves, and Halliburton execs. 

Potheads?  Meh.  All they do is sit on the couch, eating Cheetohs.

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2008, 11:05:57 AM
The Bible sucks hairy goat balls.  Awful writing, boring plot, nothing of interest whatsoever.  "Elia who begat Noah who begat Adam who begat Joesph who begat NO-ONE GIVES A FUCKING SHIT, THATS WHO."

The Good Reverend Roger

I kinda think this is the best thing Cain has written here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

rubickspoop

Thanks for bringing this back to the top, TGRR. Too bad there aren't more specifics for teaming up with the radical right in here. Everyone seems to like the idea, but I don't see any concrete ideas (at least on this thread) for how to work/ work with the neo-conservatives/neo-libertarians. I've got some personal experience with these people. Before the 2008 election, I did some canvasing for Ron Paul, who is one crazy congressman from Texas, but seems to be the type of player Cain proposes siding with. He has a very strong base of idealistic, insane followers. Perhaps we should join the Ron Paul revolution/Campaign for Liberty? Not really something the Brits could get in on, and this group is pretty alienated from the mainstream of American politics, and they are pretty strapped for money already, but... its a concrete idea. They are really into grassroots organization and spreading the word with canvasing and street-corner preaching type shit. They run a lot of their local campaigns through meet-up. I don't know much, but I think we could get in bed with them pretty easily.
I'm a celebrity... Get me out of here!

Faust

This was awesome.
Cain, when you inevitably get a really good job in the illuminati can you take me on as your secretary?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Template

Quote from: rubickspoop on July 02, 2009, 06:50:53 AM
Thanks for bringing this back to the top, TGRR. Too bad there aren't more specifics for teaming up with the radical right in here. Everyone seems to like the idea, but I don't see any concrete ideas (at least on this thread) for how to work/ work with the neo-conservatives/neo-libertarians. I've got some personal experience with these people. Before the 2008 election, I did some canvasing for Ron Paul, who is one crazy congressman from Texas, but seems to be the type of player Cain proposes siding with. He has a very strong base of idealistic, insane followers. Perhaps we should join the Ron Paul revolution/Campaign for Liberty? Not really something the Brits could get in on, and this group is pretty alienated from the mainstream of American politics, and they are pretty strapped for money already, but... its a concrete idea. They are really into grassroots organization and spreading the word with canvasing and street-corner preaching type shit. They run a lot of their local campaigns through meet-up. I don't know much, but I think we could get in bed with them pretty easily.

I have the impression that Ron Paul was a bit of a cult of personality.  Or a treat for the fanboy mentality.  In any case, as you pointed out, it was grassroots.  Not so large a pool of assets to buy our "loyalty" or aid.  We might have found some people that were cool like us, but we'd probably end up marked for at least a few years as "Paulites".

If I understand Cain correctly, we want people that want things similar to what we want, but have a bit more elite resources and influence on their side.  People that know they can afford to live in "interesting times," and would prefer that to whatever nonsense the administration/legislature/judiciary cooks up next.

rubickspoop

Quote from: yhnmzw on July 05, 2009, 05:09:20 PM
I have the impression that Ron Paul was a bit of a cult of personality.  Or a treat for the fanboy mentality.  In any case, as you pointed out, it was grassroots.  Not so large a pool of assets to buy our "loyalty" or aid.  We might have found some people that were cool like us, but we'd probably end up marked for at least a few years as "Paulites".

If I understand Cain correctly, we want people that want things similar to what we want, but have a bit more elite resources and influence on their side.  People that know they can afford to live in "interesting times," and would prefer that to whatever nonsense the administration/legislature/judiciary cooks up next.

Yeah, he is a bit of a cult of personality. But that's a good point about being marked as Paulites, as most people stay the fuck away from those types.
However, I don't know of any right wing "groups" that are well established except for the fox newsies and the Glenn Beckers. I think Ron Paul's movement is better than those fuckers. I don't know, I might be looking at this from the wrong angle, but I don't know any groups more suitable for what Cain suggested than the Paulies.
I'm a celebrity... Get me out of here!

The Johnny

WHUT YOU MEAN THAT DIS WUSS A DISKURDIAN CONSPIRACY AND UR GONNA FEED ME TO THE CHIPPERS NOW??? YOU WURR MINE BESTUST FREND...
                 /
                 /
                 /
:mullet:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

MMIX

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

and Bump
History has always been a passion of mine. Historic documents have a special fascination.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

LMNO

scorch

Hi Cain,

Long time buddy. Glad to see you're still thinking big.

"The usual right-wing retards often talk about smashing the government, making it as small as possible...and I've decided to help things along somewhat, I think.  I'm no right-winger, not in any sense of the word, but I have no problem with playing one to suit my own, longer term goals."

Agreed! I have been saying "I don't want a government that is too big, nor do I want a government that is too small, I want one that is just the right size".  A goldilocks government. But you're right, since ours is too big right now, supporting smaller government does achieve my goal in most cases. Using this phrase (Goldi-locks government) I believe causes these people to think, they can clearly see the danger of "big government" yet they fail to see the danger of "small government", maybe by contrasting the two, I can get them to think a bit more.

Sidenote: What do you think of cryptocurrency (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum)? This market space has exploded this year, and of course one of its big dreams is replacing the fiat system, which seems related to what you are saying here. By having decentralized currency, would that help achieve your goals?

Open Your Mind...

"Every Opinion Matters"

Warning: Information Overload Alert!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: scorch on October 12, 2017, 05:27:02 PM

Sidenote: What do you think of cryptocurrency (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum)? This market space has exploded this year, and of course one of its big dreams is replacing the fiat system, which seems related to what you are saying here. By having decentralized currency, would that help achieve your goals?

This is probably going to be more fun than you really wanted, Scorch.

Cryptocurrency doesn't solve any of the problems of money.  Nor does it create any interesting new problems.  It is the fiscal equivalent of grasping at straws.  That are tied to anvils.
Molon Lube