News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Time to switch sides

Started by Cain, April 22, 2008, 05:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: ArchangelIdiotis on April 02, 2022, 07:33:29 AM
on joining the right wing and the libertarians, I read something interesting today. In the Starseed Signals by Robert Anton Wilson, published posthumously from his writings in the 70s, RAW is constantly calling himself a libertarian. closer to the time of his death, as I recall, he said something like he doesn't hate the poor enough to be a libertarian, and that they are republicans who smoke dope.

RAW saw that too? Cool.
I remember reading at the Political Compass site that they differentiate between the Libertarian party and libertarianism itself. I score heavily libertarian there, but it's because I don't give much of a shit what people do if they aren't hurting anybody. Consensual "crimes" and whatnot. You can't give me that stupid party.
Maybe that's why RAW was calling himself that.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Scribbly

This is a somewhat frightening thread to read with the benefit of hindsight.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

hirley0

ein Gefrorener Würfel

Too early. Once had to wake up at that time-2m to go to work. Then drove a catholic priest to Italy. His underlings inspected the car the day before and payed in cash. Definitely no shady business.
The retirement home had nice peaches from their garden and home made prosciutto. Never tasted better versions of these.