News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

How to pretend to understand relativity without studying it

Started by BootyBay, April 22, 2008, 09:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Cainad (dec.)

Or, get taught relativity by the absurdly awesome physics teacher I had.

I was enlightened after a total of 15 hours. My mind was blown.

Nast

I like this video for explaining the various dimensions. I few parts you may have to stop and think about some key points, but overall, it's very concise and well explained.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Pope Naughty Nasturtiums on April 23, 2008, 03:22:18 AM
I like this video for explaining the various dimensions. I few parts you may have to stop and think about some key points, but overall, it's very concise and well explained.

THIS VIDEO IS THE MOST COMPLETE AND UTTER CRAP EVER PRODUCED AND IT CAN PHYSICALLY HURT YOUR BRAIN

zero dimension = dot
one dimension = line

ok so far so good

two domension = two lines crossed??

okay it's a two dimensional object, but that's about as much as i can say

from there on it's better to just shut it off because it's a load of monkeycrap. this guy is talking all sorts of very interesting sounding bullshit.

the problem is, he talks about "dimension", in a way that's neither consistent with the geometric, nor the physical concept of the word.

in other words, he's talking about *something*, but something that doesn't really relate to *anything*

it also doesn't have *anything* to do with string theory.

just, just, forget you ever saw this. it's BAD. it's bad like people trying to explain magic through [what they think they know about] quantum theory.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BootyBay

There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.

BootyBay

Quote from: triple zero on April 23, 2008, 12:01:01 PM
Quote from: Pope Naughty Nasturtiums on April 23, 2008, 03:22:18 AM

THIS VIDEO IS THE MOST COMPLETE AND UTTER CRAP EVER PRODUCED AND IT CAN PHYSICALLY HURT YOUR BRAIN

zero dimension = dot
one dimension = line

ok so far so good

two domension = two lines crossed??

okay it's a two dimensional object, but that's about as much as i can say

from there on it's better to just shut it off because it's a load of monkeycrap. this guy is talking all sorts of very interesting sounding bullshit.

the problem is, he talks about "dimension", in a way that's neither consistent with the geometric, nor the physical concept of the word.

in other words, he's talking about *something*, but something that doesn't really relate to *anything*

it also doesn't have *anything* to do with string theory.

just, just, forget you ever saw this. it's BAD. it's bad like people trying to explain magic through [what they think they know about] quantum theory.

I got as far as the ant before I had to shut it off.
There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BootyBay on April 23, 2008, 09:04:14 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 23, 2008, 01:42:52 AM
Quote from: BootyBay on April 22, 2008, 10:17:45 PM

That movie was filmed in my hometown (Portland).

Oregon?

Yup.

Oh. Well then, come to Tiga on May 7th so you can listen to my boyfriend DJ. I will be there drinking ginger lemon drops all night.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BootyBay

I'd love to.  I'll be the nervous-looking guy drinking a coke in the back.

Mourning Star

Quote from: BootyBay on April 24, 2008, 02:20:29 AM

And I'll be the 7 foot tall tranny that takes slips you a mickey and takes you home for some proper raep.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mourning Star on April 24, 2008, 04:15:52 AM
Quote from: BootyBay on April 24, 2008, 02:20:29 AM

And I'll be the 7 foot tall tranny that takes slips you a mickey and takes you home for some proper raep.

mittens

Also, Tiga is so small that there is no "back", so I'll be the little plump woman accidentally sitting in your lap.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BootyBay

Who could pass up a fun-filled evening of getting raped?

Mourning Star